• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    I have a J5 Flashlight (highly rated Amazon flashlight). I love it. But anyways when I practice in my house it only has 1 button. So when I press it on and off it automatically goes through the modes so sometimes I do end up using the strobe around corners. My technique doesn’t have the flashlight on at all times clearing rooms.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a J5 Flashlight (highly rated Amazon flashlight). I love it. But anyways when I practice in my house it only has 1 button. So when I press it on and off it automatically goes through the modes so sometimes I do end up using the strobe around corners. My technique doesn’t have the flashlight on at all times clearing rooms.

If you're going to use it for defensive use, you may wish to consider getting a light whose modes you can control with certainty.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Estimated to ship in 5 - 8 weeks. You ahd me excited there for a minute, though.

Now it's never. O.P. is a against gun rights just like Dick's and CTD. Their choice to limit the mags they sell to 10 rds, my choice to never order from them again.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Look buddy, a 250 lumen USB rechargeable Streamlight Microstream. Built in hat clip. :rockwoot:

stream.jpg

Streamlight Introduces Rechargeable Microstream USB | Down Range TV

Yeah, I'm bumping this thread.

I just bought one of these off Amazon a few weeks ago for about $35 and quite like it. It weighs almost nothing, is very bright for it's size, and I like the fact that it's rechargeable from a USB (which is both good and bad, depending on your needs). For $35, I'm really happy with it.

Initially I wasn't impressed with the battery only being able to be recharged 300 times. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that means it's probably good for a year and the replacements are only about $7.

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    This Astrolux S41 is my favorite at the moment. I have an 18650 body on it now with an unprotected Sanyo cell (it pulls so much current it tripped the protection on my protected batteries).

https://www.banggood.com/Astrolux-S...MIi7vAj7Ca3AIVhY7ICh0D0QnTEAAYASAAEgIl2_D_BwE

That's not the only place to find the S41 it's just the first link that popped up.

I also really like the Convoy S2 lights. I have one with a warm white XPL-hi and it's generally my pocket carry light.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    This Astrolux S41 is my favorite at the moment. I have an 18650 body on it now with an unprotected Sanyo cell (it pulls so much current it tripped the protection on my protected batteries).

https://www.banggood.com/Astrolux-S...MIi7vAj7Ca3AIVhY7ICh0D0QnTEAAYASAAEgIl2_D_BwE

That's not the only place to find the S41 it's just the first link that popped up.

I also really like the Convoy S2 lights. I have one with a warm white XPL-hi and it's generally my pocket carry light.
    how long have you had them, and what kind of use/abuse have they encountered?

deeno3432

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 4, 2018
    heartland
    Ive had a streamlight protac 2a that has the strobe feature and Ive never used it in the couple years Ive had it. I guess there is a time for it just never seen it yet.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Ive had a streamlight protac 2a that has the strobe feature and Ive never used it in the couple years Ive had it. I guess there is a time for it just never seen it yet.

I have the strobe mode disabled on my EDC light.
    If I want to make a rapid flashlight for signaling I can just use the momentary switch and pretty much have the same effect.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I used the strobe on my light once when I had a blowout on I-74. When the AAA guy was there helping me, people would not slow down or move over to the left lane near us until I started strobing in the direction of oncoming traffic.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think I want a new flashlight. Been checking out the new Fenix PD35 V2.0:
    https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-uc35-v2-0-led-flashlight-1000-lumens/

I also really like my small task light, Streamlight microstream. So I also been checking out the streamlight Protac HL-X
    https://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/protac-hl-x

I’m still researching. Not sure what I want.

That link goes to the UC35, which is USB rechargeable. It's a bit longer than the PD35, but it's worth it to be able to top-off the battery whenever you want.

For a task light, you might also like the Protac 1L-1AA. It will use either a AA (available everywhere) or a single CR123A (more light), so it's very versatile. In addition, I've been using a 14500 (AA-sized rechargeable) in mine and it's just as bright as the with the CR123A. My 14500 batteries have built-in micro USB ports for recharging.

https://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/protac-1l-1aa

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I picked up my first 2 Fenix lights at the Smokey Mountion Knife Works yesterday. The little UC02 is awesome. USB rechargeable, 130 lumen on high.
    I bought it for my son but after playing with it, I want one too.

I also picked up a PD32 which is 900 lumen max. It will be my new EDC, replacing my 6+ year old Rayovac.

The place was packed and I waited quite a while for some help. The guy who finally helped me gave me 15% off everything.

Top Bottom