• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Handhelds: I’ve always carried Streamlight. Everything from their small Micro models for EDC up to their Stingers for duty. Have always been happy.

Weapon: I’ve used Streamlight and Surefire. The TLR HL and X300U are solid for pistols and rifles. And the RM2 and Scout Pro’s are top notch for rifles

If you’re looking for something that’s for self defense or work related then avoid Olight or any other off brand. It’s not worth the 50 dollar savings to risk it.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I've had a Surefire P6 forever. Kids bought it for for Christmas 20 some years ago. I did put an LED bulb in it, while it isn't the brightest light I've used it is dependable

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Of all the lights I have on my ARs, (Surefire X300, Surefire Scout, Elzetta CQB, Inforce) the TLR-1 HL is my favorite. The Surefires don't have the candela of the less expensive Streamlight and it's immediately noticeable in the dark when you compare the two side by side. I just never liked the Inforce and it's in a box somewhere.

If I were to buy one now, I think the Cloud Defensive Rein 3.0 would be at the top of the list.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Cloud Defensive - I've run the Rein Micro, Rein Full Size, and OWL and haven't had a hiccup yet. Also have their handheld MCH light as an EDC.

I also do like Inforce and have one on my AR9 and one on a B&T APC Pro.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    What is your guys favorite flashlight to run on AR?

Check Nightstick out. They make decent lights

Olight has been good for me. I've bought many lights from them as gifts and personal use.

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    I'm looking into this same thing myself. My next wml won't be on my "go to" gun so it won't need to be surefire bomb proof, just something good enough to provide good illumination to ID stuff at distance if needed. Thinking of trying out the olight odin. I know they get a bad rap, but on paper they look pretty good for a cheaper option.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    hztgG7u.jpg

I run a scout light, have a tape switch but honestly don't care for it. That being said I just got to play with a Cloud Defensive light today and WOW those things are amazing. PID easily out to 150 yards , they are sweet and made in Indiana too.

Anyone who suggests O-Lights , you are wrong and have made a bad decision. Please replace your garbage rod light before it grenades on you.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county

Check Nightstick out. They make decent lights

Olight has been good for me. I've bought many lights from them as gifts and personal use.
    Night sticks are horrible. Don't trust them for anything. Numerous agencies have returned them due to constant failures

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On a related note, the tan Streamlight MicroUSB is a neat flashlight.

Its a 1 AAA sized rechargeable pocket flashlight. it defaults to high output on the first press, low on the 2nd press. (the identical black version is opposite for use primarily as an inspection light)

I had to switch after my primary pocket EDC light was discontinued and am impressed.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    On a related note, the tan Streamlight MicroUSB is a neat flashlight.

Its a 1 AAA sized rechargeable pocket flashlight. it defaults to high output on the first press, low on the 2nd press. (the identical black version is opposite for use primarily as an inspection light)

I had to switch after my primary pocket EDC light was discontinued and am impressed.

It's a good little light. I've been using one for years and bought some more for my kids (who have since lost them both).

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010

I run a scout light, have a tape switch but honestly don't care for it. That being said I just got to play with a Cloud Defensive light today and WOW those things are amazing. PID easily out to 150 yards , they are sweet and made in Indiana too.

Anyone who suggests O-Lights , you are wrong and have made a bad decision. Please replace your garbage rod light before it grenades on you.

The candela difference between the two lights is significant. I bought some Surefires last year ( a scout dual fuel and a X300) and honestly wish I hadn't. My relatively inexpensive TLR1 HL and Protac HL-X dual fuel lights have more candela and throw than the Surefires that are more than twice the price. I did some non-scientific testing between all the lights in a school auditorium last year and found the Streamlights to be brighter. The new Surefire Turbo lights will probably fix that issue, but my money will probaly go to Cloud Defensive when I upgrade lights again.

In my opinion, tape switches are just add more parts than necesary and more parts are just more places for problems to occur.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The candela difference between the two lights is significant. I bought some Surefires last year ( a scout dual fuel and a X300) and honestly wish I hadn't. My relatively inexpensive TLR1 HL and Protac HL-X dual fuel lights have more candela and throw than the Surefires that are more than twice the price. I did some non-scientific testing between all the lights in a school auditorium last year and found the Streamlights to be brighter. The new Surefire Turbo lights will probably fix that issue, but my money will probaly go to Cloud Defensive when I upgrade lights again.

In my opinion, tape switches are just add more parts than necesary and more parts are just more places for problems to occur.

I have no problem with Streamlight , only bashed O Light for the most part. Picked up my surefire at or below dealer cost so I didn't mind, have had both lights now for 5+ years. If I ever feel the need to upgrade Cloud is where I am going.

michelob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I have an Olight mini Odin on my 16 inch and an Enforce on my 11.5 inch. I like them both. If I had a bigger budget, I’d like to look into Cloud Defensive. I like that it’s an Indiana company.

Top Bottom