• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Pretty strong language. When I first read the headline I thought he was saying shoot people just for stealing stuff. It appears his actual quote involves people breaking into an occupied home. Still, pretty strong language.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Home invasion or not, if you continue firing after the threat is stopped, you can be charged. You can also be subject to lawsuits from the family. Bravado by some uniformed politician will give you little help in court.

No, I am not opposing legitimate self-defense or castle doctrine.
    Most of us know that. But the general population probably doesn't. That goes for the good folks and the bad folks. It swings both ways. Maybe some to-be-home invader realizes that they could be swiss cheese and thinks twice and doesn't do the crime.

And if law-abiding Larry does Swiss cheese a perp, chances are there would be leniency given, at least in that county.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Most of us know that. But the general population probably doesn't. That goes for the good folks and the bad folks. It swings both ways. Maybe some to-be-home invader realizes that they could be swiss cheese and thinks twice and doesn't do the crime.

And if law-abiding Larry does Swiss cheese a prep, chances are there would be leniency given, at least in that county.
    “Sorry your Honor, but my bullets weren’t working like I expected from watching the movies and listening to Biden and blowing him backwards out of my house, so I kept shooting until he finally collapsed and slid to the floor. I was just glad that Florida doesn’t restrict magazine capacity and I was able to fire all three of my 17-round magazines before I ran out of bullets.”

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Home invasion or not, if you continue firing after the threat is stopped, you can be charged. You can also be subject to lawsuits from the family. Bravado by some uniformed politician will give you little help in court.

Just the simple tactic of his statements publicly could be enough to stop the nonsense before it even starts. Criminals knowing that the residents are on guard is a big step. I love his attitude towards self defense. Need many more just like him!

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

I don't imagine looters are going to be getting much sympathy, cheese grated or not, in that vicinity or likely anywhere else in Florida anytime soon.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown

Feared for my life and that of my family's. I was in shock and still trying to defend myself and my family when I realized the gun was empty. Than I called 911 and tried to administer life saving procedures .
    Castle doctrine

Top Bottom