• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taeverling

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2021
    Swayzee indiana
    Hello everyone, this is mostly just a curiosity question. I have a marlin 336SC, the roll stamps are present but very fine. The gun is in good used condition for being made in 1948. My curiosity is can wore stamps be redone to be made deeper? I have no plans on restoring the rifle btw, just curious.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I think the first ones ran thru the machines got ok stamps but as time marched on the stamps got lighter thru the run. When they started with the microgroove barrels in 1954 ish the stamps improved but most new haven CT stamped marlins will be lightly stamped. When they moved to north haven ct in 1969 the stamps became more of what we would expect to see on todays guns.

The 336 SC (sporting carbine) is one of my favorites with the 2/3 tube length. Very nice hunting rifles. Should have the large perch belly for end also if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Taeverling

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2021
    Swayzee indiana
    I think the first ones ran thru the machines got ok stamps but as time marched on the stamps got lighter thru the run. When they started with the microgroove barrels in 1954 ish the stamps improved but most new haven CT stamped marlins will be lightly stamped. When they moved to north haven ct in 1969 the stamps became more of what we would expect to see on todays guns.

The 336 SC (sporting carbine) is one of my favorites with the 2/3 tube length. Very nice hunting rifles. Should have the large perch belly for end also if I remember correctly.
    I see, I didn't even think about it leaving the factory like that. And yes it does have perch belly. Feels very comfortable in the hands. Thank you for the knowledge.

Top Bottom