• ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    dogfish around here
    They are often called pond grinnel in southern Indiana.

One of the outdoor rags had an interesting article on the origin of many of the names for bowfin several years ago. I searched for it online but wasn't able to find anything.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    My oldest son and I kayaked Sardis lower lake in MS Monday. There isn't a size limit there, just the 15 creel limit for crappie. I had a double jig set up on my 4 rods and kept 11 that were 9 to 14 inches. He had 2 rods with single jigs and was casting crank baits with the 3rd. He kept 9 crappie and 4 bass. 9 of the 14 catfish we caught were big enough and given to others.
    One of my aunts lives on the upper.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Have the grandkids at the beach and the middle one loves to fish. Just playing in the surf with a sabiki rig(small lures on a line) baited with fish bites and she’s been catching Atlantic whiting and mullet in the surf this morning. Then a storm rolled in and we’re off to eat breakfast. Headed to the pier this afternoon. 4EE8AF2E-9B6F-41A5-9EF3-8303FD7BF549.jpeg 7F87B5C8-1E3B-4231-9075-34A7B3B383A8.jpeg

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Have the grandkids at the beach and the middle one loves to fish. Just playing in the surf with a sabiki rig(small lures on a line) baited with fish bites and she’s been catching Atlantic whiting and mullet in the surf this morning. Then a storm rolled in and we’re off to eat breakfast. Headed to the pier this afternoon. View attachment 209060 View attachment 209061
    That's a good picture with the storm front in the background.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Have the grandkids at the beach and the middle one loves to fish. Just playing in the surf with a sabiki rig(small lures on a line) baited with fish bites and she’s been catching Atlantic whiting and mullet in the surf this morning. Then a storm rolled in and we’re off to eat breakfast. Headed to the pier this afternoon. View attachment 209060 View attachment 209061
    Wow! That's a doozy of a storm coming in.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Caught a couple whiting and a couple remora on the beach in gulf shores fishing for pompano earlier this week. Had a nasty storm blow in and shut us down fishing for a day. Loud thunder and close lighting for 12 hours Tuesday night Wednesday morning. Made it to the gulf shores pier Wednesday right after dinner. Kid on the pier gave away a Spanish mackerel to a meth head. Meth head hooked it up by the tail and tossed it in front of a shark. No luck catching any fish after the shark went crazy.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    God durn, tying a fluorocarbon leader to a braided line ain't NEAR as easy as they make it look. Finally got it. Thank God almighty!

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    UGH! Tried to be cute and singe the loose ends of that leader knot with my lighter. Yeah, you guessed it. God damnit! lol Just got done re-tying a new, even better knot. Practice makes perfect.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    UGH! Tried to be cute and singe the loose ends of that leader knot with my lighter. Yeah, you guessed it. God damnit! lol Just got done re-tying a new, even better knot. Practice makes perfect.
    You tube has an easy knot for fluorocarbon or braid to monofilament. Quick and easy. Just practice tying it and it works. What I’ve been using for sometime.

Top Bottom