• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    Posted in the Break Room but hope it will be locked. Like last year I Got Nuttin. I have a friend who says he will be on the ice this week with the temps cooperating up north here. Hoping all will have a good safe year on the ice or on the water. Keep your Jewels dry and post some pics.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    I've always wanted to try ice fishing, but never had anyone to teach me. There's only so much you can learn through magazines and YouTube.

Much like salmon fishing. Always wanted to do it, never had a Yoda.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I don`t ice fish, but would LOVE to catch some crappie this spring during the spawn. No boat, but that`s perfectly fine, fishing from the bank is cheap and relaxing. I need to scout Eagle Creek, I haven`t fished there in probably 20 years. Will be looking for bank fishing spots perhaps at Cataract too, and who knows, maybe even Raccoon. Man, there`s just nothing like a bunch of battered and fried crappie.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Posted in the Break Room but hope it will be locked. Like last year I Got Nuttin. I have a friend who says he will be on the ice this week with the temps cooperating up north here. Hoping all will have a good safe year on the ice or on the water. Keep your Jewels dry and post some pics.
    The jewels have been kept dry, but I'm not posting pics.

I used to have to go ice fishing with my grandfather. I won't ever do it again, but I did catch a 26" LM Bass one year. I was just goofing off, like kids do, and was drilling holes all over. I placed one in a tee of a channel, and dropped the hook down. Within a minute, I had a fish. I reeled it up, and it wouldn't fit through the hole. Had to break the ice to open the hole to get the fish through.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    I don`t ice fish, but would LOVE to catch some crappie this spring during the spawn. No boat, but that`s perfectly fine, fishing from the bank is cheap and relaxing. I need to scout Eagle Creek, I haven`t fished there in probably 20 years. Will be looking for bank fishing spots perhaps at Cataract too, and who knows, maybe even Raccoon. Man, there`s just nothing like a bunch of battered and fried crappie.
    If you'd like company, I may know a few spots....

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    Been seeing reports of large crappie being caught at the big 4 spillways, mostly Sardis and Grenada. My oldest son I went to Arkabutla yesterday to try it. We were the only ones fishing without a bite in an hour. All others were snagging with some catches. We turned to snagging too. Lots of shad caught, no crappie within another hour. We'll try Sardis next weekend, he's off Mon and Tuesdays.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Been seeing reports of large crappie being caught at the big 4 spillways, mostly Sardis and Grenada. My oldest son I went to Arkabutla yesterday to try it. We were the only ones fishing without a bite in an hour. All others were snagging with some catches. We turned to snagging too. Lots of shad caught, no crappie within another hour. We'll try Sardis next weekend, he's off Mon and Tuesdays.
    Is snagging legal?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Is snagging legal?
    Not in public waters. Saw a guy lose his truck at a hot steelhead spot for snagging. DNR doesnt mess around. He was clearly an idiot because its one of the most watched spots by dnr and you stand 20 yards from the police station.

Top Bottom