• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Had some pretty harrowing high speed rides around the stumps in Realfoot twenty some years ago with Billy at the wheel.

Good time, good deal, kinda good fishing, but not guaranteed 100% of the time.

Billy's a great guy though and tried above and beyond to put us on crappie that no one was catching. My advice is to not schedule in advance and attempt to get scheduled last minute. Go when the locals are reporting catching fish.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Always wanted to go to Reelfoot. Many years ago we rented a cabin on Patoka. Bluegills like I've never seen. We were told it was slow fishing but I thought we hammered them. We kept the little 8-9" fish to eat and let the bigger ones go. Stood at the cleaning table so much I hurt my back and had to spend a day in bed.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Reelfoot can be great. Went in a very high water time. I had been told to use bream pole (fancy cane pole) before going down. Everyone said fishing was very slow from high water.

We used a scanoe with a trolling motor got close to the tree roots dropped in a jig with a piece of about anything. (Including gummy worms) bounced it twice and pulled in a fish.

That said I paid my tax to catch the kings fish but have yet to wet a line this year. I do plan to fix this situation very soon

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Reelfoot can be great. Went in a very high water time. I had been told to use bream pole (fancy cane pole) before going down. Everyone said fishing was very slow from high water.

We used a scanoe with a trolling motor got close to the tree roots dropped in a jig with a piece of about anything. (Including gummy worms) bounced it twice and pulled in a fish.

That said I paid my tax to catch the kings fish but have yet to wet a line this year. I do plan to fix this situation very soon
    22888cb0240a34464defaf9b07f5052d.gif

abeguzmanmarine

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    TERRE HAUTE
    olVkpdl.jpg

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    very good eating. great on the grill when they are that big.
    It's not that unusual to catch 30 pounders at the lake I fished in NC. Buddy of mine caught a 55 lb. Striper. And that was like 10 lbs. lighter than the state record. If I remember correctly (it's been 35 years), in the tournaments, they had to be fresh water only. They would take a flesh sample and if they were salt water Stripers, they didn't count. Phucking cheaters.

Top Bottom