first time in knife forum - need new folder :)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    First time in the knife forum, I have a little spare money and want a new knife. I'd like to spend around $50-$100 for the following:

• 3-4" folder
    • Made in the USA
    • pocket clip
    • All-metal
    • No serrations
    • quality steel
    • a good lock
    • Assisted opening would be nice
    Is that doable? School me in the business of knives :)

Last edited:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Welcome to the knife forum but what you heard is WRONG.
    not all Kershaws are made in CHINA. Kershaw still puts out a great USA made knife and in your budget.:D

So how do yuo get a "good one" - look for a "Made in USA" Kershaw?

Also, what do people think about Gerber? I tend to automatically write them off because I see them at wally world.

tacticalfan72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    You said that you want an all metal knife, is that including the handle? If so check out the Kershaw Leek with a D2 blade (a good steel). The regular Leek comes with 14C28N steel which is adequate for some, but if you don't want to sharpen your knife for a while D2 is a better choice. Here is a link for the D2 blade Leek [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Sandvik-Stainless-Steel-Composite-two-tone/dp/B0017KN4MS/ref=pd_sim_sg_3]Kershaw Leek Knife with Sandvik 14C28N Stainless-Steel/CPM-D2 Composite two-tone Stainless-Steel Blade: Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors[/ame] and a link for the standard Leek if you don't want to spend as much [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Onion-Folding-Knife-Speed/dp/B004DS1XF6/ref=pd_sim_sg_1]Amazon.com: Kershaw Ken Onion Leek Folding Knife with Speed Safe: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    for just a bit more you could get a Zero Tolerance 0350 for about $140 or so :dunno:

Hmmm.
    Looks interesting. There's one for $121.60 with free shipping at Amazon.com

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Zero-Tolerance-Handle-Speed-Safe/dp/B002QFJLEI"]Zero Tolerance G10 Handle with Speed Safe: Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

zerotolerance.jpg

Price on Amazon now up to $129.88

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    if your going to buy new vs used definitely get with brad and knife lady, they can pretty much meet or beat any price around and on top of that they are pretty darn good people. great local business so your money stays here in Indiana. now with that out there.

in your price range and what you described I would highly recommend the zt 0350. it's one of the toughest blades out there. nice g10, solid liner lock, s30v blade, amazing warranty, made in the USA. It's one of my favorites.

or you can go a little cheaper and check out the kershaw blur. A couple different models out there. also good frame lock, s30v on a lot of them, made in the USA and kershaw backs all there blades.

if you look around used there are a lot of amazing blades out there just over your budget. like emerson, bradley, spyderco (there are a good amount of them in your price range also) most of those are made in the USA with top notch materials.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Also, what do people think about Gerber? I tend to automatically write them off because I see them at wally world.

Gerber :dunno: I've not seen a good knife from them in a while, but I don't look for them either.

Check out the Kershaw Blur and the ZT 0350, very nice!

Spyderco, they are great knives with super smooth actions, I really like the Manix 2 myself. :thumbsup:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    The ZT350 is my every day carry and I picked it up a few months ago new for around $110 at Kiesler's in Jeffersonville. Now I think they are about $20 more there. It is the best knife I've carried and couldn't be more pleased...

ZT0350.jpg

Top Bottom