• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN
    Thought I would share this. I've been layed up with a herniated disc for a while now, and thought that stippling one of my grips for the Sig P250 would be fun to try. It turned out pretty good, by no means perfect, but I happy for my first take.

I did something different from what I've seen others do. I didn't stick with one pattern for the whole pistol. I did the back strap and front strap areas in the standard dot pattern. I made the side panels in a checkering design. I wanted something different and unique in its own way.

I took it out this afternoon and ran a mag through and it was really comfortable to shoot. Now I just need to refinish it to make it purty.:)
    INGO1_zps1f758374.jpg

INGO4_zpsb08ef3d0.jpg

1c541693-9a98-4a71-ab69-68bf4cdd61a2_zps03ae6761.jpg

INGO5_zps7e0fd887.jpg

ErickB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Schererville
    Very nice! Looks time consuming :D

How exactly do you stipple? Do you just use something sharp like an x-acto knife, or is there a special tool or technique?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington

How exactly do you stipple? Do you just use something sharp like an x-acto knife, or is there a special tool or technique?
    Most people use a run of the mill el' cheapo soldering iron with small and large tips...most use the small tip.

jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN

I have a variable temperature soldering iron with a couple of different tips for the pencil. I set the iron to 600 degrees and start lightly pressing into the plastic. I start in the middle and work my way down each side of the center line. This took 3-4 hours to do this over a few nights.

looks good. can you explain the refinishing process?

Brownells has a ceramic spray paint that seems to be similar to ceracote. I'm going to try it. You heat the piece up to 90 degrees and then paint allowing 5 minuets between coats.

FootLoose.45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Indianapolis
    i see thats the first i have heard about that. i did this to my m&p but it still has some rough spots. but i dont want to take some sandpaper or something to knock them down because i think it will dull it out and give it a grey look.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I will just never understand why anyone would do this to their handgun/rifle unless they are a true experienced professional. To me, it looks like that gun got herpes.

jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN
    I will just never understand why anyone would do this to their handgun/rifle unless they are a true experienced professional. To me, it looks like that gun got herpes.

Well your entitled to your opinion. I have 3 other grip assemblies for this pistol and if I ever decide to sell it it won't be a problem. Why should I pay someone who is "experienced" hundreds of dollars for something that is easily done. I haven't received my redistribution check yet so the ability to afford that isn't an tion.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well your entitled to your opinion. I have 3 other grip assemblies for this pistol and if I ever decide to sell it it won't be a problem. Why should I pay someone who is "experienced" hundreds of dollars for something that is easily done. I haven't received my redistribution check yet so the ability to afford that isn't an tion.

Yep, 250's are the ones that the trigger assembly is the firearm, right?

I think I heard Nanos are like that too so you can modify and replace easily if you don't like it.

I'm not really a fan of stippling either but it really does no harm on these particular firearms. It is yours, do what you want with it.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy

No hate hear. Just not a fan of the look or of melting the frame of my guns. If you like it...that is all that matters.

I'm a tacticool fool and some people think my guns look stupid. different strokes for different folks.

A10WEAPONSGUY

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    this is one of those function follows form things....works awesome and looks ok. bet that thing won't slip out of your hand ever!

Top Bottom