When he asked .."are you a police officer ?"
    I would have just asked him ..."Why do you need one?":patriot:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    He tells me that only LEO are allowed in his store with a gun "on display" and tells me if I don't have a badge, I need to hand him my gun.
    snip

I do think you need to contact corporate about their manager's attempted shakedown, and let them know how emotionally distressed you are by his criminal attempt to seize your property.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Hand it over? Good lord, they're letting retarded persons out in public? :D

retards.jpeg

pankake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2010
    SE Indy
    Of the two options that the manager offered, you certainly could only accept the "cover it up" option.

What the heck was the manager going to do if you handed it to him?

You chose the unoffered option of leaving which was the correct choice.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    I do not open carry, one day i am going to everywhere I go when I have a day without the wife and kids. I want to see what a full day of OC brings me. I read a lot of good and bad. When I do it I will post my itinerary for the day and report how it went. Lets just say its kind of a field trip.

Oh, I would say there is a 99.99% chance that it will bring you NOTHING.:ingo:

I've OC'd (and CC'd) for many years and NEVER had one single negative thing said to me. This includes OC in all the "tree hugging" burgs around Carmel, Fishers, Zionsville, etc etc etc.....

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    The best part of the story is, not only you walking out but your buddy and his wife, too.

That is awesome, I bet that manager felt like an ass.

:rockwoot:

GlenD65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Hamilton County, IN
    Just another instance of people worrying about people's feelings instead of our rights and freedoms. That store manager should have his man-card revoked.

I would have walked out too. Kudos to teejay422 for staying calm and to him and his buddy for both walking out.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    You should have asked him to hand over his wallet and tell him you were confiscating his LTCH, his man card, and his managers license.

Meh, that's probably a bad idea too as he would have then accused you of strong-arming him.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    He had no right to ask for it ,I would have walked out too. There are no marsh stores in my area but this is not the first time Ive heard of these stores policy on OC & the treatment of people carrying in the marsh stores.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    He had no right to ask for it ,I would have walked out too. There are no marsh stores in my area but this is not the first time Ive heard of these stores policy on OC & the treatment of people carrying in the marsh stores.

I OC at the Marsh on east Washington every time I go in there, which isn't often. I have never once been asked to cover or hand it over. :dunno:

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    You should have given him your gun and then call 911 about a MWAG in the Marsh.

What does Marsh have to say about OC in the stores and you may want to tell them the manager wanted you to give him your gun.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Marsh is the LAST grocery that should try and scare people out. They will be dead soon, anyways. But I do bet if you OC guys carried a rear-facing camera, you would be surprised at people's reactions. I just bought a small camera recorder today for $13. Search eBay.com for MD80 CAMERA. Clip it on the backside neck of your shirt and record your outings. Might be neat to post on youtube and link to it here.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    The best part of the story is, not only you walking out but your buddy and his wife, too.

That is awesome, I bet that manager felt like an ass.

:rockwoot:

Probably not. Managers are use to dealing with "difficult" people and probably just shrugged it off as another person he won't have to deal with. He probably thought he was saving the world from "those gun toting, red neck, open carry, nuts."

Even though he may not have felt like one doesn't mean he isn't ....

Top Bottom