• ...and so much more!
  • ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    First 'anti-stab' knife to go on sale in Britain - Times Online

FTA:

The first “anti-stab” knife is to go on sale in Britain, designed to work as normal in the kitchen but to be ineffective as a weapon.

The knife has a rounded edge instead of a point and will snag on clothing and skin to make it more difficult to stab someone.

It was invented by industrial designer John Cornock, who was inspired by a documentary in which doctors advocated banning traditional knives.

Mr Cornock, 42, from Swindon, said that the knife will cut vegetables, but will make it almost impossible to stab someone to death and will reduce the risk of accidental injuries.

He said: “It can never be a totally safe knife, but the idea is you can’t inflict a fatal wound. Nobody could just grab one out of the kitchen drawer and kill someone.”

The knife is expected to sell for around £40-50 and has been tested with “very favourable” results by the Home Office’s Design and Technology Alliance - set up to research products that can deter crime.

This is the stupidest thing I've seen. Now I can't even go to the kitchen for a weapon if I need to.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    (@#*$^(* !&)(!*!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    Stop the madness!

Guess they can still sharpen sticks with that...are they allowed sticks over there any more?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    (@#*$^(* !&)(!*!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    Stop the madness!

Guess they can still sharpen sticks with that...are they allowed sticks over there any more?

I think they're still permitted to use strong language, but there's a license, a fee, and a 5-day waiting period prior to approval. :rolleyes:

It's probably a good thing... After all, what if some young child heard such language? It's all about the children, you know.

Anyone ever realize that to a "Nanny state", WE are considered the "children" for whom it theoretically looks out? :owned: :baby:

Blessings,
    Bill

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I recall Mayor Bloomberg being quoted a couple years ago something to the effect
    "There's no good reason to have a pointy knife. That's for stabbing people. No one has been sliced to death with a rounded nosed knife."

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I am so sick of the idiocy and lunacy with this sort of thing. It is incomprehensible to me how anyone could believe that things such as this will save lives. If people are really this stupid they deserve everything they get...:xmad:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    It's a shame the government is blatantly ignoring the sharp corners of desks.

We need to get all sharp corners rounded now! How many more kids and minorities must harm themselves and each other before someone sponsors a bill to Round Off All Sharp Corners!!!:runaway:

Top Bottom