• ...and so much more!
  • Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Firefighter Oath of Office

I __________________ do solemnly swear to do my duty as a Firefighter for the City of _______ to the best of my ability; to serve my commanding officers with respect and dignity; to serve the citizens of the City of ________ with compassion, courage and integrity; and to uphold the laws and constitutions of the United States of America, the State of ________, and the City of _______; so help me God.

Read more: Answers.com - What is the firefighters oath of office

oh please. the firefighter was waaaaay off base. Tell him to kiss your arse.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    If you'd requested that he get his boss on the phone by placing the call from your table, he'd have tucked & run real quick?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If the FD wasn't interested, I wonder how the PD would feel if you reported it to them that there is a fireman in town checking carry permits?

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    you got to remember, god put police on this earth so firemen would have heroes... and this fireman was trying to do his heros job ;)

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    If the FD wasn't interested, I wonder how the PD would feel if you reported it to them that there is a fireman in town checking carry permits?

They shouldn't feel disheartened about it all, since they are constantly putting out car fires with their little boat ABC extinguishers before we get there... I've even seen them pulling people out of burning cars.... posing pigs :D

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Good for you...He has no right asking you anything..Thats like the gas station clerk asking to see your account balance before swiping your debt card

OOOPS this is kind of funny but there is some changes to banking laws and now depending on the gas station the Card swipe at the pump will not let you fill up if you have a balance of less than $100

We lost that one

I can't imagine why a fireman thinks he has police powers. I have never heard of something like that, Unless they hang around cops so much they think they can pull the same stuff as them

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I did however call the fire station and made a complaint. Maybe he just got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

What if he was a cab driver? Do you call the cab company? What if he was a farmer? How do you cause trouble for him on his job?:dunno:

What's with people today, ya can't just say "Go fiddle your self". Can't just say "Let me see YOUR license." No you've got to go call some one. Got to find a way to rat on some one, tattle, tell.:dunno: Just sounds like a bunch of insecure crybabies to me.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    What if he was a cab driver? Do you call the cab company? What if he was a farmer? How do you cause trouble for him on his job?:dunno:

What's with people today, ya can't just say "Go fiddle your self". Can't just say "Let me see YOUR license." No you've got to go call some one. Got to find a way to rat on some one, tattle, tell.:dunno: Just sounds like a bunch of insecure crybabies to me.

Sounds like the same type we used to have on our local volunteer fire dept that went around refusing to pay for pops at convenient stores and asking for fire fighters discounts everywhere......they didn't last long either:popcorn:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    As bstewrat said above, SOME firefighters (in SOME jurisdictions) do indeed have police powers.

Generally associated with things done in relation to scene control, investigation, etc etc. I'm pretty sure that fire marshals have much more policing powers than many of us know.

I also don't think that IFD, if this was the Dept in question, grants LE responsibilities. I claim ignorance on that one.

Whatever powers a certain FF might have in a certain jurisdiction, I'd be willing to bet that trying to start a de facto Terry stop is NOT covered by their "powers"; especially since it's not anything at all related to the fire fighter job duties.

Still doesn't excuse the behavior of this officer in this instance, of course...

-J-

Top Bottom