• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    I went to Arby's to get breakfast this morning. I walk in and two fireman are there as well. For most of the time I conceal carry i.e. out of sight out of mind. However, I do some open carry. I was carrying my Smith 1911 and the bottom of the gun was visible below my sweat shirt. Both firemen saw my firearm. One of them came and asked to see my license. I told him that I had a license but from what I know about the law I was did not have to show him because he was not a police officer. He said it would save time a trouble to show him so he would not have to call a police officer. By that time I was finished and got up and threw my trash away. I told him to go ahead a call and I said to let the police officer know that I will be at home. I asked the fireman if he wanted my address to give to the police. He declined. I never got a visit from the police at home. I did however call the fire station and made a complaint. Maybe he just got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Good for you...He has no right asking you anything..Thats like the gas station clerk asking to see your account balance before swiping your debt card

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I would have told him kindly that my license is my own personal business and would have asked him who his Fire Chief was and then said, "Let's call him down here to Arby's and see if he wants to ask me that same question. If he does, then we can all call the police together and then I will show the LEO, IF they ask me. Otherwise, go polish your fire truck."

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    His authority must be respected!

OK, not really. :):

Nice job of calmly practicing and maintaining your rights. :yesway:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Good for you. I would have asked to see his credentials lol. I show people mine when they didn't know or don't understand that you can in fact carry a gun in public just to help educate them, but wouldn't show someone trying to police my actions. If they ask for it then they know about it. If they aren't a cop it aint none of their business.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Negotiation, my friend, it's all about negotiation.

Too bad, you should have made friends. Firefighters always have cool t-shirts to work out in so the ladies will eye you at the gym.:D

"Let me see your license and I won't call the law!"

"I'll let you see it if you give me a fire department t-shirt and a Jamocha shake."

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    C'mon

Let's give the firefighters some credit. Maybe he thought you were on fire and your ammo would start cooking off! Or, maybe he knew you were a member of INGO and wanted to give you some thread ammo! :dunno:

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Sounds like he was confused and thought
    x7kt2.jpg
    were really
    2nuks92.jpg

beevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Speedway
    Good thing it wasn't Chris Lytle...

Is he still a working firefighter in Indy?

This cracked me up. He is still at the local fire department. Unfortunately, he was on the wrong end of a unanimous decision last weekend. As usual, though, he pocketed another Fight of the Night bonus.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Faff
    Top Bottom