FireFly & Serenity Fans need to SPEAK UP NOW!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    OK BROWNCOATS, this may be our big chance to get a FIREFLY spin-off series on the air in the near future. In an interview, SyFy's Boss, David Howe, says they're looking for "Another Farscape or Firefly."

Since the parent company of the SyFy (formerly SciFi) Channel is NBC/Universal, and since Universal has the rights to Serenity, I think we all know where he can find his new show.

Personally, I'd like SyFy to show FF as a Summer Series, then Air the BDM as the Pilot for SERENITY: The Series.

feedback@syfy.com -Tell em what you think! :rockwoot:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The main character is in a tv show right now called Castle. I watch it because I just like looking at him.. hehehe On another note, he's the main character on this show too. He's a writer and he follows the cops around to get ideas and stuff for his other novels. He also helps on their cases.. Anyway. I'm not sure how well that show's going but he may not want to leave it and go back to the sci fi shows.

I loved Firefly and Serenity. Serenity is still on the Tivo from a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the info..

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    The main character is in a tv show right now called Castle. I watch it because I just like looking at him.. hehehe On another note, he's the main character on this show too. He's a writer and he follows the cops around to get ideas and stuff for his other novels. He also helps on their cases.. Anyway. I'm not sure how well that show's going but he may not want to leave it and go back to the sci fi shows.

I loved Firefly and Serenity. Serenity is still on the Tivo from a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the info..
    Yup Castle is pretty good. Nathan Fillion is the actor to which you refer.

There is a show on NBC called CHUCK. Adam Baldwin (Jayne Cobb from Firefly) is a co-star on that show. Its also a sci-fi show.

I doubt we'd get the original cast back for any sort of a spin off. It is possible that we might get one or two characters and have a new show revolve around their lives in the 'verse.

Although I'm among the first in line at the FireFly/Serenity LuvFest...I also think "you can't go home again."
    I tend to agree, but just as with Star Trek there were spin-offs that went in their own directions that were amazingly successful.

Dumb question??? WTH are you guys and girls talking about??
    The best science fiction TV show to ever grace the small screen.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    There is a show on NBC called CHUCK. Adam Baldwin (Jayne Cobb from Firefly) is a co-star on that show. Its also a sci-fi show.

Ah yes... Chuck. I like that show too. I don't know what I would do without our Tivos. :)

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    E-mailing as soon as I am done posting. Nothing would brighten my day like a Firefly resurrection.

If any of you like SciFi, Libertarianism, Star Wars and raw emotion felt by watching something not crappy... Firefly is what you're looking for.

Me? I'm going to Jaynestown.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    If any of you like SciFi, Libertarianism, Star Wars and raw emotion felt by watching something not crappy... Firefly is what you're looking for.

Me? I'm going to Jaynestown.

You hit a key word there! This show is a favorite of many who believe in the Libertarian movement. It is very critical of strong central government, very critical of government interference in individual rights.

You go to Jaynestown, I'm heading to "this land" with Wash and his dino toys!

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Could we bring back Jerhico while we are at it. I hate the way they ended it there could be 2 or 3 more seasons of story line there..

Sorry for the thread jack but I have never seen the two shows you are talking about but I will.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    You hit a key word there! This show is a favorite of many who believe in the Libertarian movement. It is very critical of strong central government, very critical of government interference in individual rights.

You go to Jaynestown, I'm heading to "this land" with Wash and his dino toys!

I wanted to go for more Mudder's Milk. I'll meet you in "this land" and I'm bringing some brews.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Could we bring back Jerhico while we are at it. I hate the way they ended it there could be 2 or 3 more seasons of story line there..

Sorry for the thread jack but I have never seen the two shows you are talking about but I will.
    Season 1 of Jericho was awesome. Season 2 was good.

But with regards to Firefly & Serenity you should watch the 14 episodes of FIREFLY before you watch the movie SERENITY. The movie was made after the show was off the air, it wrapped up some of the loose ends in the series. The movie stands alone, but really it is better to watch the series before the movie.

Top Bottom