• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I have been toying with the idea for a while now of adding another .45 to my collection. I love my 1911's, but even more so my 45's. I started looking into polymer guns, having shot a couple in the past. I was fairly certain I was going to either go the XD, XDm, or M&P route after handling several. Sorry Glock guys, the only one I liked was the G36 and made my hand feel cramped.

This morning I drove to Bradis to haven another look. Everything from before was confirmed. Liked what I saw, except prices. Not that they were bad, just more than I was wanting to spend.
    So I decided to head to Elmore's on my way home. They had a couple M&P's that caught my attention. .45 compact with thumb safety (Not needed, but I'm used to a 1911 so it couldn't hurt to have). Then they gentleman helping me pulled out a used one from the case. Looks to have maybe 50 rounds down the pipe! And 200 less than a new one... He asked if I was gonna pay cash or card, I asked back if there was an incentive for cash. Knocked another 50 bucks off for cash. "See ya again in ten minutes, gotta head to bank!" So this little fella followed me home for a price I couldn't pass up! +1 again for Elmore's!

0618001218.jpg

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Congrats on getting a good deal! That's a fine looking firearm.

Be sure to post a 5-10 round pattern from it side by side with a 5-10 round pattern from your 1911, I'm very curious as I find I shoot much better with my Polymer than any of my steel framed pistols.

Be sure to add it to the "Show N Tell" thread too!

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Congrats on your new M&P. Chances are good that you're going to really, really like this one. I carry the .40c and have loved it since I first shot one.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ahhhhh very nice, some people on here dont speak so highly of Elmores but I have always had nothing but good experiences there.If you dont mind me asking what did that M&P set you back???

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Ahhhhh very nice, some people on here dont speak so highly of Elmores but I have always had nothing but good experiences there.If you dont mind me asking what did that M&P set you back???

Not at all, got it $425+tax.... I've had nothing but good experiences there! Others may not like em and that's fine, but they'll continue to get my business...

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Congrats on getting a good deal! That's a fine looking firearm.

Be sure to post a 5-10 round pattern from it side by side with a 5-10 round pattern from your 1911, I'm very curious as I find I shoot much better with my Polymer than any of my steel framed pistols.

Be sure to add it to the "Show N Tell" thread too!

When looking at the grouping keep in mind that I haven't shot a handgun in about 2+ years... Looking forward to getting back into it...

First 5 shot with M&P after warming up a bit...
    MP1.jpg

First 5 shot with Kimber (First outing with it too)
    Kimber1.jpg

1 mag with round ball, 1 mag with hollow points... When I do my part it does its part!
    MP2.jpg

Same 1 mag each with Kimber
    Kimber2.jpg

After the day was done... Top left Kimber, Top Right M&P both hollow points. Center was general shooting both throughout session.
    0618001603.jpg

They both def. shoot better than I do. But given the fact of how long it has been since I've shot, I'm pleased with where I'm starting at. Not gonna say if I favor one gun over the other. In general I'd day that my Kimber will be my "BBQ," and that my M&P will be my EDC once I get a holster for it.

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    I guess now I have to have a look at these M&P pistols. I didn't like the taste of the glock koolaid, and something about croatia keeps me away from the XD's.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Loving it so far... I esp like how easy it is to field strip and clean! Picked up a IWB Don Hume Holster from Elmores. Very comfortable and easy to CC!

Top Bottom