• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Well in my latest endeavor of poor financial decisions I bought a Staccato P.

Been putting it off since about 2019 when they were really picking up on sales and marketing to the LE Duty world.

Just figured Id post about my experience buying this gun because it was probably the best I've ever had.

A friend and Co-Worker of mine bought a 5 Inch Prodigy about a month ago and knowing I was tracking the Prodigy's questionable QC issues and inconsistencies, he immediately handed it over to me for "testing and evaluation" We slapped an SRO on it and off the range I went. Got some rounds down range, nothing significant but enough to get a feel for how the gun handled. Had 1 malfunction but otherwise smooth sailing. Captivated by the "this isn't a Glock" sensation of shooting a 9mm 2011, it reignited my desire for a Staccato. The Prodigy in general just wasn't delivering the widespread acceptance as a reliable firearm to justify the cost savings over a Staccato.

Though the fit and finish seemed excellent and the trigger despite being the biggest complaint outside of reliability I kept hearing was excellent. As was every Prodigy I got my hands on at NRA show. I think that maybe due to being primarily a Glock shooter due to work requirements, even the worst 1911/2011 trigger feels excellent in comparison. But I still think you 1911 guys are just splitting hairs on that complaint. lol Don't shoot me for saying that please.

Anyway, after a couple weeks trying to talk myself out of it for the 30th time I realized I wasn't going to be able to.

*goes to Staccato's website*

*discovers there is a law enforcement discount program*

Excellent.

I contacted Staccato about the discount, if you aren't familiar, Active duty LE discount is 15% off. In addition to that you get 3 additional magazines for a total of 6 mags 4 (17) and 2 (20) and the optic mounting plate for free. They also provide you with a separate discount code for 15% off mags and other accessories to use whenever you need more stuff.

With the savings I was saving basically the cost of the expedite fee plus a little so I was going to pay it so I could get the gun in roughly a week (current wait as of this post) instead of 90-120 days.

However while asking some questions in one of the Staccato owners groups on Facebook an individual from Real Street Tactical, a FFL shop out of Florida, PMs me to tell me he's a Staccato dealer and honors the LE discount for the 15% off, has one in stock ready to ship. Also that I can send my invoice into Staccato and they will ship out the extra mags and optic plate free of charge. I proceeded with the sale and had the gun in 4 days from order placed. Staccato had me the mags and optic plate in 6 days from order.

The gun itself is excellent. Mounted an RMR and X300 and got about 400 Rounds on it as of this post. Boringly accurate. No malfunctions within that 400 Rounds.

Comparing it to the Prodigy, its subtlety better all around. Everything the prodigy does the Staccato does better. Keep in mind I'm not a 2011 armorer nor do I have any level of qualifications on how a 1911 or 2011 works on the inside or what makes good ones good and bad ones bad. What I'm talking about is when I put bullets in the gun and pull the trigger it works and they go where they should and its really easy to do it.

The main point I'm getting at is the Staccatos worth the extra money and if your on the fence just do it. Especially if you can get it with the LE discount. Customer service at Real Street and Staccato are excellent, you can tell the folks at Staccato care about the product they are providing and that they stand behind it.

No photo because it looks like every other Staccato P with an RMR and X300.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    J68rmsr.jpg

And I rember when the rebrand happened and you could not give P's away lol. Seriously the folks at Staccato have done an absolutely phenomenal job these last few years. They are making great guns that have finally gotten the 2011 the recognition it deserves outside of competitive shooting.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I agree. I'm happy to see these getting approved for duty use almost as fast as Red dots on pistols in the LE world too.

That's an on-going conversation at my agency but I'm hoping to eventually win over the brass. I already got pistol optics approved finally and its been well received.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Well in my latest endeavor of poor financial decisions I bought a Staccato P.

Been putting it off since about 2019 when they were really picking up on sales and marketing to the LE Duty world.

Just figured Id post about my experience buying this gun because it was probably the best I've ever had.

A friend and Co-Worker of mine bought a 5 Inch Prodigy about a month ago and knowing I was tracking the Prodigy's questionable QC issues and inconsistencies, he immediately handed it over to me for "testing and evaluation" We slapped an SRO on it and off the range I went. Got some rounds down range, nothing significant but enough to get a feel for how the gun handled. Had 1 malfunction but otherwise smooth sailing. Captivated by the "this isn't a Glock" sensation of shooting a 9mm 2011, it reignited my desire for a Staccato. The Prodigy in general just wasn't delivering the widespread acceptance as a reliable firearm to justify the cost savings over a Staccato.

Though the fit and finish seemed excellent and the trigger despite being the biggest complaint outside of reliability I kept hearing was excellent. As was every Prodigy I got my hands on at NRA show. I think that maybe due to being primarily a Glock shooter due to work requirements, even the worst 1911/2011 trigger feels excellent in comparison. But I still think you 1911 guys are just splitting hairs on that complaint. lol Don't shoot me for saying that please.

Anyway, after a couple weeks trying to talk myself out of it for the 30th time I realized I wasn't going to be able to.

*goes to Staccato's website*

*discovers there is a law enforcement discount program*

Excellent.

I contacted Staccato about the discount, if you aren't familiar, Active duty LE discount is 15% off. In addition to that you get 3 additional magazines for a total of 6 mags 4 (17) and 2 (20) and the optic mounting plate for free. They also provide you with a separate discount code for 15% off mags and other accessories to use whenever you need more stuff.

With the savings I was saving basically the cost of the expedite fee plus a little so I was going to pay it so I could get the gun in roughly a week (current wait as of this post) instead of 90-120 days.

However while asking some questions in one of the Staccato owners groups on Facebook an individual from Real Street Tactical, a FFL shop out of Florida, PMs me to tell me he's a Staccato dealer and honors the LE discount for the 15% off, has one in stock ready to ship. Also that I can send my invoice into Staccato and they will ship out the extra mags and optic plate free of charge. I proceeded with the sale and had the gun in 4 days from order placed. Staccato had me the mags and optic plate in 6 days from order.

The gun itself is excellent. Mounted an RMR and X300 and got about 400 Rounds on it as of this post. Boringly accurate. No malfunctions within that 400 Rounds.

Comparing it to the Prodigy, its subtlety better all around. Everything the prodigy does the Staccato does better. Keep in mind I'm not a 2011 armorer nor do I have any level of qualifications on how a 1911 or 2011 works on the inside or what makes good ones good and bad ones bad. What I'm talking about is when I put bullets in the gun and pull the trigger it works and they go where they should and its really easy to do it.

The main point I'm getting at is the Staccatos worth the extra money and if your on the fence just do it. Especially if you can get it with the LE discount. Customer service at Real Street and Staccato are excellent, you can tell the folks at Staccato care about the product they are providing and that they stand behind it.

No photo because it looks like every other Staccato P with an RMR and X300.
    Seriously Facebook allows a Stacotto group?

Regardless, how does the Grip feel?

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Seriously Facebook allows a Stacotto group?

Regardless, how does the Grip feel?
    Its great. Deans gun that's pictured has the prior gen grip texture I cant speak to that one but mine has the "tac" texture which is closer to a stippled texture. Its great. And from what I can tell is now standard on new production P models as is the aluminum magwell

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Its great. Deans gun that's pictured has the prior gen grip texture I cant speak to that one but mine has the "tac" texture which is closer to a stippled texture. Its great. And from what I can tell is now standard on new production P models as is the aluminum magwell
    Lgs in these parts has several in stock. May have to look into them. My concern is it may be too bulky ?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes the new "tac texture" equates to a 5-10% overall reduction in grip circumference compared to the original texture my P has apparently. I just won't spend the $400 Staccato wants to upgrade my gun.
    I saw they charge $399. To my uneducated brain that seems excessive as well.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I saw they charge $399. To my uneducated brain that seems excessive as well.

I even asked them about it at NRAAM as I genuinely like the TAC texture. Apparently you get a whole new grip module fit to the gun. But again a piece of plastic is not $400. If I ever have it done it will be when I have a threaded barrel fit

And to make it make even less sense, a brand new threaded barrel is $600, how is it possible a grip is 2/3 the cost of a fitted barrel ?!??

But unfortunately for me , when I bought my P DLC, TAC texture, threaded barrels and DLC were not even options yet either :abused: my only solace is I got the Gen 2 magazines when they were $55 a piece

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    @ hawkman, when I first started working Sheridan, we carried cocked and locked 1911s in 45ACP. I went to Boone County academy with a Gen1 Kimber Classic serial number xxxxx21 made in Clackamas...
    The admin wanted to standardize with County carrying Glock 40s. <- Blech!!!

sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Congrats!
    A C2 is my grail gun. I never should have shot one. Now everything else just feels not as good. I just have to figure out how to pay for one. Maybe I don't really need a new roof on the house....

sportsman223

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Passing on Doe's
    I even asked them about it at NRAAM as I genuinely like the TAC texture. Apparently you get a whole new grip module fit to the gun. But again a piece of plastic is not $400. If I ever have it done it will be when I have a threaded barrel fit

And to make it make even less sense, a brand new threaded barrel is $600, how is it possible a grip is 2/3 the cost of a fitted barrel ?!??

But unfortunately for me , when I bought my P DLC, TAC texture, threaded barrels and DLC were not even options yet either :abused: my only solace is I got the Gen 2 magazines when they were $55 a piece
    yep glad I got G2 mags when I did, but watching an RO step on one makes you want to cry
    Thinking I might try some prodigy ones to see how they work

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Congrats!!! 100% agree. I had a prodigy and it wasn't bad at all for the price but I bought a p and it was better all around. Sold sold some of my old guns collecting dust ended up grabbing a c2 as well and I absolutely love them...
    Highly recommend the triarc extended magazine release. Need to paint mine but shaved about 1-2seconds of reload drills for me. 71401738224__9320111A-B8ED-450A-8B89-8BBF1215E091.JPEG IMG_2499.JPEG
    1000063882.png

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Also, if you're like me and want to load a ton of mags and go to the range and just shoot, the triarcs are the only other option besides atlas id trust. Affordable, and they run great. I would NOT run prodigy mags in the staccatos. I have (1) 20 rounder and it's kind of junk. It's fine for the range but If I load 20 rounds it malfunctions often.

Attachments

• IMG_20230827_190513_01.jpg
      IMG_20230827_190513_01.jpg
      538.6 KB · Views: 4
    Top Bottom