100_0083.jpg

EH91KY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Thanks

Very Nice... Now we need a range report :ar15:

On will be coming, believe that! Just finished building it about an hour ago lol.

Where did you get everything? inquiring minds need to know.
    Sounds like a great build at a great price!

I got the Upper from a friend that bought the gun and never shot it, he kept the lower. Another friend built the lower for me and sold it for what he had in it, never finished his project. The furniture came from DSG arms...and I must say they have the best customer service I've ever dealt with. The mag came from Sherwoods guns and the red dot came from Primary arms.

EH91KY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Not bad!

Can I ask: what were your decision criteria for choosing those components?

Thanks.

Price and Reputation. Everything I have read about stag has been solid. I chose the 1:9 twist because 99% of my shooting will be at the range, might take it coyote hunting but thats about it. Spikes was a great deal and has some enhanced upgrades. Upper originally had a carry handle and instead of buying a BUIS I got a red dot. Chose Primary arms because of the reviews, can't see myself paying for a Trijicon, Eotech, or aim point. As for the furniture I'm a big fan of Dark Earth and it feels nicer than the other components.

Thanks, now get outside and shoot that thing! Get some tracers for tonight!

Plan is to go shoot the weekend after next...but we'll see if I can wait that long lol

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Price and Reputation. Everything I have read about stag has been solid. I chose the 1:9 twist because 99% of my shooting will be at the range, might take it coyote hunting but thats about it. Spikes was a great deal and has some enhanced upgrades. Upper originally had a carry handle and instead of buying a BUIS I got a red dot. Chose Primary arms because of the reviews, can't see myself paying for a Trijicon, Eotech, or aim point. As for the furniture I'm a big fan of Dark Earth and it feels nicer than the other

Thanks...now for a noob question: I've read a number of threads here by folks that have built AR's...is there a high level gun smithing expertise required to assemble the components? Are most manufacturers' compatible with other manufacturers'?

EH91KY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Thanks...now for a noob question: I've read a number of threads here by folks that have built AR's...is there a high level gun smithing expertise required to assemble the components? Are most manufacturers' compatible with other manufacturers'?

I didn't do a complete build. I more or less connected the upper to the lower. The only thing that was really required of me was changing out the handle, the handguard, and adding all the buffer components with the buttstock. I also had to insert the charging handle and bolt/carrier. That was all very simple.

civicisaye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Looks good man! Also working on a similar build, however, I like the carry handle. Gotta love FDE! It's like totally the new black! You go girlfriend! sorry couldn't resist. Let us know how it shoots!

0scarM!ke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Congrats...you won't easily cure your new addiction...only TENS OF THOUSANDS of rounds of high speed training can make you happy. Enjoy Finger banging it daily :)

Nate6512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Fishers
    Very nice.

I'd be curious how you like your PA sight once you get some range time. I'm considering that one or the micro on my first build.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Looks great! All that for $600? I'd say you did well!

You might want to consider a correct height optic mount, as the one you've currently got is very low and your FSB is blocking most of your window.

civicisaye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Looks great! All that for $600? I'd say you did well!

You might want to consider a correct height optic mount, as the one you've currently got is very low and your FSB is blocking most of your window.

Good eye Cap'n! Didn't notice til you brought it up. Personal opinion, but I like the cantilever mounts. Gives enough room to run fixed rear sight.

Top Bottom