• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    While standing there for 15 minutes filling my rolling trash can with my floppy hose (Yes, there is a joke in there) I realized I needed to build a fill nozzle.

I came up with the idea of a short piece to go down into the can, a 90, a couple inches to get to the outside, another 90, a straight piece, and then the threads to go to the garden hose. The weight of the hose will keep it hooked on the can and I can walk away.

But I cant think of a way to add those threads to pvc. Ideas?

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    While standing there for 15 minutes filling my rolling trash can with my floppy hose (Yes, there is a joke in there) I realized I needed to build a fill nozzle.

I came up with the idea of a short piece to go down into the can, a 90, a couple inches to get to the outside, another 90, a straight piece, and then the threads to go to the garden hose. The weight of the hose will keep it hooked on the can and I can walk away.

Available at Menards and Lowe’, I believe. 3/4 pvc to 3/4 hose thread adapter…
    LASCO 15-1643 PVC Hose Adapter with 3/4-Inch Male Hose Thread and 3/4-Inch PVC Pipe Glue Connection

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I think my trouble in the past was trying to adapt to a SPECIFIC PVC size. Now that I think about it, I can go whatever size PVC because it really doesnt matter. And I want bigger than 1/2 or 5/8 because I want less static pressure to blast into the can. (less splashing)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Close the lid on the hose?
    Nope. These are those soft flex hoses. close the lid, pinch off the water. I need a way to hook the hose over the side. I'll take pics when I am done.

And I dont want my hose anywhere near the inside of that can. I swear it smelled like death. Literally. Like somebody disposed of a body in that can.

And I dont know where they came from, but there were several dozen maggots floating when I dumped it. I didnt see them when I started. :puke:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Now Im seeing why I had trouble in the past. I keep seeing them as special order parts when I search the websites. The stores dont stock them.

EDIT Screw them. I cant get to the store till wednesday anyway, and Prime can have it at my door that day.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    got it done, works great. I added a tee to reduce the splash and hopefully keep any soap I put in from splashing too much causing foam. I might also try a 45 aimed back at the side of the can to guide the water down the side to lessen the turbulence. Its not glued so it is easy to swap.

trashhose.jpg

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    got it done, works great. I added a tee to reduce the splash and hopefully keep any soap I put in from splashing too much causing foam. I might also try a 45 aimed back at the side of the can to guide the water down the side to lessen the turbulence. Its not glued so it is easy to swap.

trashhose.jpg
    :bow:

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County

?? can i ASK Why you are filling A rolling trash can with Water?

Top Bottom