• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • "ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Gonna buy 500 rounds of it. I got 1000 rounds of Federals XM193 5.56 and loved it. Anyone ever shot the XM80? If so, reviews?

Also, has anyone ever used the Lithuanian M80 surplus 7.62x51? Reviews?

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    I bought 700 rounds of XM80 from Cheaper Than Dirt to run in my M1A. I think it's good ammo. It dosen't seem any different than any other 7.62NATO or .308 I've used.

As far as the Lithuanian M80, I've never used it, but the reviews on CTD don't seem very good.

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    thanks for the heads up on the lithuanian ammo. Also, have you ever used/known anyone thats used the Federal "American Eagle" ammo? I know that it seems to be the same bullet and same quality of the XM lines of ammunition just not mil-spec

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    thanks for the heads up on the lithuanian ammo. Also, have you ever used/known anyone thats used the Federal "American Eagle" ammo? I know that it seems to be the same bullet and same quality of the XM lines of ammunition just not mil-spec

ARFCOM guys say to stay away from the American Eagle ammo... I guess the head is not as thick as the spec (apparently to cut costs), and a couple guys have had blowouts using it in their AR's... No first hand experience here, just reading... Enough emperical evidence for me to stay away from it...

Mike

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    I was looking into the American Eagle also. I have never fired it either, but the reviews on CTD are pretty good. It looks like you may have to try a box and see for yourself, due to the mixed reviews. I ended up going with the XM80 because it was cheaper, that and it is made to NATO specs.

Top Bottom