• ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Interesting theory.

The outrage generated by the FBI’s unlawful and unwarranted assault on the residence of Donald Trump may have been because President Trump baited them. What do I mean? President Trump managed to convince the FBI that he had sensitive information about Cross Fire Hurricane hidden in his cellar that could destroy the FBI. The criminal Wray no longer cares about the rule of law. Protecting the FBI is his number one priority. Rather than wait and risk exposure by Trump, Wray, with the support of Garland and Biden, gave the greenlight to attack Trump’s Florida residence.

Why did Mr. Trump wait so patiently throughout the day before telling the world that the FBI was behaving like the Soviet KGB or the East German Stasi? I think it was a conscious, informed decision. Donald Trump is exposing the FBI for the criminal thugs they are. Corrupt and lawless.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have thought about the possibility that the FBI and the DOJ made the raid to retrieve suspected documents that may have cast a bad light on their respective agencies.

If I were Trump, I'd have had a copy of everything made, kept in a secret location, with instructions to release on his death. But, maybe I watch to many movies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, if your car is stolen, you would not want the crook prosecuted, since not all car thieves have been prosecuted?
    It's not like who is being prosecuted is randomly chosen.

If it's all one-sided, is the purpose really to prosecute the crook? Is it even a crook that's being prosecuted?

When has the DOJ ever gone after former presidents? It's not like they couldn't have gone after Clinton or Obama if they wanted. They don't go after former Presidents because it would be seen as going after political enemies. And that's exactly what that looks like here. Especially since there were other mechanisms available to resolve the dispute they claim to have. They chose this way instead of resolving this through the courts, like these kinds of disputes typically are resolved.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It's not like who is being prosecuted is randomly chosen.

If it's all one-sided, is the purpose really to prosecute the crook? Is it even a crook that's being prosecuted?

When has the DOJ ever gone after former presidents? It's not like they couldn't have gone after Clinton or Obama if they wanted. They don't go after former Presidents because it would be seen as going after political enemies. And that's exactly what that looks like here. Especially since there were other mechanisms available to resolve the dispute they claim to have. They chose this way instead of resolving this through the courts, like these kinds of disputes typically are resolved.
    They are also withholding the warrant from Trump as well. How is that legal?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Major abuse of power by the FBI.
    This whole thing stinks of corruption and is about nothing more than to keep Trump from running in 2024. Is the FBI the new KGB of the United States?
    What I just asked is going to make a few upset but there is no defending the actions taken.

I think it's more than that. I think it's progressively ratcheting up the framework for marginalizing Trump-supported politicians leading up to the mid-terms. All else has failed to move the polls significantly. Overturning Roe didn't do it. The jan 6 hearings didn't do it. Falling gas prices probably won't do it. This could be a discussion in the election shenanigans thread.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    how predictable...

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Could you quote the post where that was said?
    Post #484?

"I would have voted for Hillary Clinton’s corpse in 2020."
    Actually, it wasn't a direct quote, as I took that corpse line from him (LG) as he I believed he meant it and explained down thread ( which I can't seem to get to multi quote from different pages) as someone who doesn't like Biden or Trump (or anyone the D's put up), and would have voted for maybe just any corpse.
    People deriding this as "now we know where you stand" need to realize how many people out there really don't like Trump. It goes back to living too much in our own little bubble.

To answer your question I was comparing his idea that this was a rightful and righteous search (because laws!!) with the challenge he was handed multiple times as to why Hillary's server, Joe's Ukraine ties and Hunter's cocaine use and whatever else had been glossed over and covered up, but we could do an unprecedented raid on a former president supposedly based on some maybe classified materials.

So it was an overall idea, not a direct quote.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    how predictable...

You just knew something like this was gonna happen. How convenient.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Good post, you make a good point.

It touches on one of the main reasons I read this forum: to (at least try to) keep in touch with my own biases and tendencies to resort to stereotypes and straw men.

I see how disconnected the Ingo view of liberals is from the reality I experience, and I can’t help but assume my view of conservatives suffers from the same type of disconnect.

Setting up and knocking down straw men feels good, but it isn’t productive. The media sources I favor have a vested interest in painting conservatives in negative shades…but that serves their purposes, not mine. Participating here give me a sense of what real conservatives think, which gives me a more complete set If facts from which to work in my own decision making process.

Anyway, I liked your post. It made me think.
    Most people seem to be missing that line…it was meant to be a bit of a joke aimed toward the candidates Big D always foist upon us at the national level.

Tough crowd.
    I believe searching for the truth is never wrong. And as a guy who is inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt I can appreciate what you are saying here and that you said it, although I think I have disagreed with everything you have ever posted probably.

Once you realize that our media sources have a vested interest, and that they are painting in wrong shades, it's a key to opening understanding truth. It also can be a very lonely realization.

It's good for us to understand that you apparently didn't like any of the candidates from 'your' side, and what's more, that you feel that bid D "foists" them upon you, much the same way many here feel about "our" side. I think many people believe Trump breaks that mold and somebody like that is our only way out of this place we're in.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A system has been created where it is impossible for the voters to challenge the status quo, which is the end of meaningful elections. Until that's rectified both literally and in perception, our votes effectively mean nothing.
    In 1962, John F. Kennedy famously said, "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And some call me a Democrat and a Troll. :sheep:
    I'm accused of Blind Faith, although I was quite young in 1969; and of worshiping a politician (which my beliefs forbid) because I like what he's done and defend him against sniping

Some people are always going to want the shirt off your back to use to polish their self-esteem

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Problem is, most things accepted as “facts” here, due to the prevailing bias, are actually conjecture. Do honestly believe that anyone here knows what is really going on? Remember the Kraken?
    Aren't you 'any one' and 'here'? Why should we believe you know what is going on any better than anyone else? You said so yourself

Top Bottom