• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    So where are the charges? Hint: There aren't any because there was no wrong doing. It was all trumped up (no pun intended) from the get go. Just another in the long list of attempts to "get" Trump.

Why would there need to be any charges?

The government wanted its rightful property. It served a warrant to retrieve it. No more action needs to be taken, the issue is resolved as far as the government is concerned...unless Trump has more.

In addition to charges being unnecessary, criminal prosecution would be a political gold mine for Republicans. Hillary set the precedent with her buttery males…if her theft doesn’t warrant charges his shouldn’t either. Insistence to the opposite reeks of partisan hypocrisy, and deserves to be exposed as such.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hillary set the precedent with her buttery males…
    Now that's just gross... :puke:

Your contention was that Trump did something illegal, was it not? Do you really believe that the Dems would just throw up their arms and say, "Oh well, since Hillary got away with her stuff, then we'll cut Trump some slack." I sure don't.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

The government wanted its rightful property. It served a warrant to retrieve it. No more action needs to be taken, the issue is resolved as far as the government is concerned...unless Trump has more.

In addition to charges being unnecessary, criminal prosecution would be a political gold mine for Republicans. Hillary set the precedent with her buttery males…if her theft doesn’t warrant charges his shouldn’t either. Insistence to the opposite reeks of partisan hypocrisy, and deserves to be exposed as such.
    lol-laughing-hysterically.gif

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Also, I don't know why LG assumes that Trump would've had the only copies of any documents in his possession, so the FOIA argument probably doesn't apply either.

This argument is poorly founded.

There would be no way to know if the documents he kept included unarchived originals until the documents he kept are verified and cataloged.

I invite you to dig deeper into the legal proceedings underpinning the media coverage…it’s really very interesting on a number of different levels.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Well, how about raiding anybody?
    Well, how about raiding someone for political gain?

If they pointed to something, then they would have a defense, that it WASN'T POLITICAL, that it was motivated by reality.
    But, they don't have that defense, therefore...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This argument is poorly founded.

There would be no way to know if the documents he kept included unarchived originals until the documents he kept are verified and cataloged.

I invite you to dig deeper into the legal proceedings underpinning the media coverage…it’s really very interesting on a number of different levels.
    They have already had time to verify whether or not the documents were unarchived originals. Oh, but that's right... Democrats are notoriously slow at counting and verifying things. It will probably take them until at least October of 2024... :rolleyes: Face it. They've got nothing.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Now that's just gross... :puke:

Your contention was that Trump did something illegal, was it not? Do you really believe that the Dems would just throw up their arms and say, "Oh well, since Hillary got away with her stuff, then we'll cut Trump some slack." I sure don't.

Do I think Trump did Something illegal? Yes, I think it’s clear he did.

Do I think charging Trump serves any purpose in pursuit of justice? I do not.

Do I believe the stereotypical democrat is capable of reflecting upon the potential hypocrisy in the situation and adjust their rhetoric and actions accordingly? No more than I expect the average republican to be able to.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis

Well, how about raiding anybody?
    Well, how about raiding someone for political gain?

If they pointed to something, then they would have a defense, that it WASN'T POLITICAL, that it was motivated by reality.
    But, they don't have that defense, therefore...

I honestly don’t follow.

If they pointed to something? What do you mean?

They did point to something…the government property they claimed would be found in Trump’s possession…exactly where it was found.

The legal proceeding are all open to the public, and the facts in evidence tell a coherent story:

The government started by claiming Trump had material that rightfully belongs to them and asked that he return those materials.

Trump responded by returning some material and affirming that he had no more.

The government suspected Trump had not returned all the materials in his possession so the government then asked for, was awarded, and served a search warrant that verified those suspicions and recovered physical evidence.

It is pretty clear that Trump took stuff that didn’t belong to him. It is also clear that a pursuit of charges in this matter would be in service of politics, not justice.

Maybe the stereotypical democrat doesn’t see things this way, but that’s how it looks to me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It is also clear that a pursuit of charges in this matter would be in service of politics, not justice.
    Precisely. Just as the pursuit of "Russia, Russia Russia", or the pee tapes or anything else that they tried to throw at him in their attempts to impeach him. But that didn't stop them in those instances, so why do you think it stopped them in this instance?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Do I think Trump did Something illegal? Yes, I think it’s clear he did.

Do I think charging Trump serves any purpose in pursuit of justice? I do not.

Do I believe the stereotypical democrat is capable of reflecting upon the potential hypocrisy in the situation and adjust their rhetoric and actions accordingly? No more than I expect the average republican to be able to.

Could you show the statute and evidence raising to the bar of precedence for prosecution?

The facts matter and are objective points to be worthy of debate. Opinions really don't.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    What did he do then? Obviously the DOJ doesn't agree with you. This is all political "gotcha" BS. I think you know that.

He took a bunch of presidential records that do not belong to him, which is a crime.

The DOJ doesn’t agree…where on earth did you get that idea? It wasn‘t from the linked “news” article, and it’s not from a sincere read of the available facts.

That story was about the press engaging in hyperbole and backpedaling, not the DOJ investigation…which is ongoing, along with the legal action surrounding it.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I honestly don’t follow.

If they pointed to something? What do you mean?

They did point to something…the government property they claimed would be found in Trump’s possession…exactly where it was found.

The legal proceeding are all open to the public, and the facts in evidence tell a coherent story:

The government started by claiming Trump had material that rightfully belongs to them and asked that he return those materials.

Trump responded by returning some material and affirming that he had no more.

The government suspected Trump had not returned all the materials in his possession so the government then asked for, was awarded, and served a search warrant that verified those suspicions and recovered physical evidence.

It is pretty clear that Trump took stuff that didn’t belong to him. It is also clear that a pursuit of charges in this matter would be in service of politics, not justice.

Maybe the stereotypical democrat doesn’t see things this way, but that’s how it looks to me.
    And there are people that actually believe this ********.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He took a bunch of presidential records that do not belong to him, which is a crime.
    According to you it was a crime. Nobody else in a position to do anything about it has proven it was a crime. I have some familiarity with classifications of government documents and who is the arbiter of those classifications and I've seen nothing to lead me to believe that anything found was in violation of the law. Neither has any other government agency.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    According to you it was a crime. Nobody else in a position to do anything about it has proven it was a crime. I have some familiarity with classifications of government documents and who is the arbiter of those classifications and I've seen nothing to lead me to believe that anything found was in violation of the law. Neither has any other government agency.

According to the Presidential Records Act it was a crime.

There really isn’t a defense for Trump’s actions here, as the ongoing proceedings in court have repeatedly revealed.

”Nobody else in a position to do anything about it has proven it was a crime”. The mental gymnastics required to get here are beyond me...your reasoning is so circular I don’t even know where to start.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, the media exaggerated a story to sow political discontent for the benefit of their own profit?

Color me surprised.

The documents don‘t have to contain nuclear codes or state secrets to be illegal for Trump to possess, though, they don’t even have to be classified...they just have to be the rightful property of the government.

There Isn’t really a question of “if” at play here at all. Trump did have illegal possession of records that rightfully belong to the government, as proven by the legally-obtained and served search warrant, and the court ordered recovery and return of documents with intact classification markings.

A president is entitled to his own personal records, but he doesn’t get to steal, obscure, or destroy government records.

And before anyone chimes in about how a president can declassify anything, remember that declassified documents are subject to FOIA discovery, which means they must be cataloged, archived, and available for review upon legal demand...If Trump really did declassify this material we have a right to see the contents, and we can’t do that to documents mouldering away in Trump’s closets.
    How's that going with the Obama records 6 years later? How many times have they raided his house? Did Trump possess the only copy of those documents or just his working copies? If they were not the only copy, what was being stolen, occurred blah blah blah

Something tells me if the feebs raided Obamatown and went through Michelles' jock drawer you would be just a bit more upset

Last edited:
    Top Bottom