• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You're right. All that time learning masc. and fem. nouns.:D At least I can make typos in multiple languages.:laugh:

Don't worry
    crazygringo.jpg
    (gringo) soon enough you will be typing in Spanish and Arabic only thanks to YOUR prez *cough* I7BO *cough*. :faint:

take note the nra is now in reeds pocket.
    Yup I did see that other thread about how the NRA gave Reed money but publicly will not endorse him and how they have given him money before. My membership with the end ends in OCT 2010 and I have no plans on renewing with those traitors! I'm going to send my money elsewhere (think the Jews are going to get it. They seem to be RIGHT on target with what they procedure. I'm going to miss the magazine but I think the nation as a whole needs a big wake up call to get us out of the mess we are in.
    smiley-talk034.gif
    the NRA. They are no better than I7BO & the rest of the Rs and Ds. They are all corrupt!

What illegal alien was prosecuted here? From the articles I've seen/heard the illegal has had nothing happen to him. And it WASN'T a fake DL. It was real. Backed up by the court testimony.

:+1:QFT!

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    So lemme get this straight...

"...they should convict him anyway because he “had reasonable cause to believe” he was selling to an illegal alien because the two men and a boy who were present at his table at the time of the sale: 1) were Hispanic, 2) spoke Spanish, and 3) wore cowboy clothing."

They convicted him for NOT "profiling".
    Maravilloso
    Very good point. I think Arizona should take a look at this case.:twocents:

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    This is our system. Our corrupt, disgusting, evil system raping the citizenry.

This is what they do, every damned day.

Enjoy it. It ain't going away.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What illegal alien was prosecuted here? From the articles I've seen/heard the illegal has had nothing happen to him. And it WASN'T a fake DL. It was real. Backed up by the court testimony.
    The person that aided and abetted an illegal alien obtaining a firearms was prosecuted.

There are many fraudulently obtained DLs in border states. As one who benefits from illegal immigration, a Texan knew or should have known how easily these can be faked.

This is our system. Our corrupt, disgusting, evil system raping the citizenry.

How is this prosecution corrupt?

How is thise prosecution disgusting?

How is it evil to prosecute those helping the ants get sugar?

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Kirk, what Texas statute says you must ask for more than a driver's license when conducting a private sale? Is there anything prescribing what must be checked in order to satisfy "known or should have known"? If it's not spelled out what must be done and to what extent then I still don't see how this is a conviction.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk, what Texas statute says you must ask for more than a driver's license when conducting a private sale?

I am unaware that Texas has such a statute but this was a federal prosecution.

However, anyone in Texas knows the problems of a Texas DL and just because one has a Texas DL means absolutely nothing. Obviously the jury saw through the "oh, he had a Texas DL" defense. The jury did not buy the defendant's attempt at willful blindness/ignorance.

If it's not spelled out what must be done and to what extent then I still don't see how this is a conviction.

One cannot stick his head in the sand and pretend not to see something that would make that person a prohibited person. However, yes, the law does spell out what must be done. The Texan pretended not to know; it didn't work.

Yes, I know all that shady stuff that goes on in Texas is winked at to help their economy. However, this does not mean that they are not breaking the law down there and may be prosecuted for it. Just because breaking the law by selling guns to illegal aliens is the community standard down there does not make it legal.

I know the attorney has a duty to his client, but the question "how is he supposed to know?" was just inane. Ummm, you ask him, numbnuts. Before you give the guy the gun, you ask him.

Would you sell a gun to a guy who showed you an Indiana DL but talked about his days in prison?:D

Last edited:

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Would you sell a gun to a guy who showed you an Indiana DL but talked about his days in prison?:D

Of course not. Is that part of this story? Was this illegal talking about his days in jail? Or is this an analogy? Something that would make me ask further questions? Not being snippy I'm just unlcear of your point.

I think that's what has everyone's kackles(sp?) up. People want to know there is a sense of fair play. If it's not spelled out what should be done then how is someone to know beyond asking for ID and being presented a valid DL that this is an illegal alien? If the state can't be bothered to check status how is the common citizen supposed to? We expect a sense of fair play in this life. I think from your learned point of view of the law it makes sense there is a conviction. We want to think going forward through life we will not have to be full lawyers to get what we need to stay legal. Thinking that any move could land us in jail because someone else thought we were, as you say, numbnuts and didn't check DL, pasport, green card, library card, astrological charts and f'n tree rings before knowing we could sell. Where is the line? That's what I want to know. If police can't profile just because he sounds like english isn't his first language then how is the average citizen to know?

What is the law (federal) that is so obvious to know that a DL is not enough?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Of course not. Is that part of this story? Was this illegal talking about his days in jail? Or is this an analogy?

It's an analogy. One cannot be willfully ignorant that the prospective buyer was a incarcerated felon (or unincarcerated) just as one cannot be willfully ignorant that the buyer is an illegal alien.

If the state can't be bothered to check status how is the common citizen supposed to?

The state of Texas does not check (or pretends to check) and everyone there knows it. The State of Texas turns a blind eye to illegal immigration in order to boost their state's economy.

Even in a bad economy Texas is growing (marginally) because of the benefits of illegal immigration. The State does not enforce state or federal law against illegals because of this desire to grow the economy. People, juries, know this and any "defense" of "but, but he had a driver's license" will fall on deaf ears.

If police can't profile just because he sounds like english isn't his first language then how is the average citizen to know?

critter, your concerns are more than valid, but one cannot stick his head in the Texas sand like this guy did.

Ask. Always ask, regardless of the buyer's race, ethnicity or national origin.

Speak loudly so any bodywire picks it up. "Are you a convicted felon? Are you an illegal alien? Have you been convicted of domestic violence? Are you prohibted in any way from possessing firearms or ammunition?"

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Of course not. Is that part of this story? Was this illegal talking about his days in jail? Or is this an analogy? Something that would make me ask further questions? Not being snippy I'm just unlcear of your point.

I think that's what has everyone's kackles(sp?) up. People want to know there is a sense of fair play. If it's not spelled out what should be done then how is someone to know beyond asking for ID and being presented a valid DL that this is an illegal alien? If the state can't be bothered to check status how is the common citizen supposed to? We expect a sense of fair play in this life. I think from your learned point of view of the law it makes sense there is a conviction. We want to think going forward through life we will not have to be full lawyers to get what we need to stay legal. Thinking that any move could land us in jail because someone else thought we were, as you say, numbnuts and didn't check DL, pasport, green card, library card, astrological charts and f'n tree rings before knowing we could sell. Where is the line? That's what I want to know. If police can't profile just because he sounds like english isn't his first language then how is the average citizen to know?

What is the law (federal) that is so obvious to know that a DL is not enough?

Form 4473, that you fill out whenever you purchase a weapon, has the questions you are supposed to ask before you sell a weapon to someone. If you're not an FFL you don't have to call it in to the NICS. Failing to ask one of the questions is not a defense. If you ask the question and the buyer responds with a no, when they should have said yes, you have met your statutory obligation.

Top Bottom