• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    They are very controllable too but a pain to try and load from strips. When I was carrying a snubby as a BUG I had a strip of 135 grain gold dots as a reload. More pep, but I could load them easier while not in a bad situation. Figured if I got to the reload on a BUG I was in it and probably lost my fine motor skills anyhow.
    I got her speed loaders for it she doesn't do to bad with it. I just try to remind her to try and stay calm if she needs to shoot and reload. Hopefully the home invaders get the message fast and leave. BBI do home invaders usually leave if shot at or a gun is aimed at them? What has your experience been with these situations?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I got her speed loaders for it she doesn't do to bad with it. I just try to remind her to try and stay calm if she needs to shoot and reload. Hopefully the home invaders get the message fast and leave. BBI do home invaders usually leave if shot at or a gun is aimed at them? What has your experience been with these situations?

Firing the gun, very much yes, as long as you remove Domestics. The guy who's up for a murder-suicide of his ex obviously doesn't care if he takes a round or two. Joe Ragman wants to live to rob another day and raise the stakes to that level he'll find somewhere else to be. Firing a gun, even if it misses, is real close to 100% on the winning side. Long guns, it is 100% from my personal case files and those I had access to, both shotguns and rifles.

Pointing the gun, less so. If Joe Ragman doesn't believe you'll fire he may call you on it. I've had people disarmed in that situation. While there may be a time/place to verbally challenge, once target identification is made speed/surprise/violence of attack matter more than weapon selection. A golf club from ambush by someone dedicated to the fight is better than a kitted out AR-15 in the hands of the hesitant in a known position.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Firing the gun, very much yes, as long as you remove Domestics. The guy who's up for a murder-suicide of his ex obviously doesn't care if he takes a round or two. Joe Ragman wants to live to rob another day and raise the stakes to that level he'll find somewhere else to be. Firing a gun, even if it misses, is real close to 100% on the winning side. Long guns, it is 100% from my personal case files and those I had access to, both shotguns and rifles.

Pointing the gun, less so. If Joe Ragman doesn't believe you'll fire he may call you on it. I've had people disarmed in that situation. While there may be a time/place to verbally challenge, once target identification is made speed/surprise/violence of attack matter more than weapon selection. A golf club from ambush by someone dedicated to the fight is better than a kitted out AR-15 in the hands of the hesitant in a known position.
    Good to know. I'll share this with them. I'll send your words so as not to mess it up with a failed interpretation :thumbsup:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    As it turned out the round was used in actual duty circumstances in the field, not long after it was issued and failed miserably. An "insider" told me that the "controlled expansion" 110 gr. .38 SPL load was just to get our "foot in the door" convincing ignorant administrators that it wasn't a "dum dum" and hoping to move forward with more effective ammo. At the time (the 1980's) there was some resistance, in some circles, regarding the use of hollow point ammo by law enforcement. Unfortunately some of those resistant people were in positions to make important decisions about agency equipment. Ignorant politicos can get a LEO killed by stupid decisions, as effectively as a bad guy with a deadly weapon. During the "controlled expansion" period, I made a comment about having a 3 shot revolver. When questioned about my comment, I stated that the course of fire for qualification now required two shots on each engagement of the target, which to me meant that there was no faith in the current issued ammo. My comment was made to someone "in the know". When I returned to my desk, there was a new box of factory 125 gr. JHP, .357 mag. ammo on my desk!

Solid choice, then and now. I think if I were limited to the technology of the day and it were an option in the regs .45 Colt Silvertip would be my first choice. It's a lousy 9mm bullet but works quite well in the heavier bullets.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Here's a little worthless trivia...

I have a cousin who probably still carries 44 mag silvertips around full moon time because of a serious fear he has of werewolves.

Tried to explain the composition of the bullet and he almost plugged his ears.

Sad but true.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Here's a little worthless trivia...

I have a cousin who probably still carries 44 mag silvertips around full moon time because of a serious fear he has of werewolves.

Tried to explain the composition of the bullet and he almost plugged his ears.

Sad but true.
    He really believes in werewolves?

Top Bottom