• dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I like the Q from this place:
    20120427_191802.jpg

They also have great steaks, muffin tin or brick chicken, and slow cooked brisket. The baby backs are pretty damn good too :)

Big green egg?????????????:drool:

A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    OK I have a few
    Fish and Chips - Shallos, Greenwood
    Indian Food - The Clay Oven, Indianapolis
    Steaks - either Ruth Chris, Bynums (Indy) or Fogo
    Chinese -Schezwan Garden, Greenwood
    Pizza - The Willard, Franklin
    Burgers - Grill Bar, Franklin
    Irish Breakfast - The Claddagh (Any)
    BBQ - Smokey Bones, Squealers (Mooresville)
    Cajun - Xydaco, Mooresville
    Japanese - Sammy's, Greenwood
    Italian - La Trattoria, Bargersville
    Breakfast - Flapjacks, Bargersville
    DAMN !!! now I'm hungry again

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's a testament to the maturity of INGO members that we have gone 5 pages, and I'm the first person to put "The "Y""...

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    India Sizzling in Fishers and Amber at 126th & Meridian do Indian justice. Zydeco in Mooresville and believe it or not Mudbugs in Carmel are good for differing takes on Cajun. Our Carrabbas closed, as did Loon Lake Lodge :( Eddie Merlot's does it up and does it well, if you're willing to pay for it, just like Ruth's Chris. The sit down restaurant at the track in Anderson makes some great stuff and treats you right. Loves me some elk burger at Bubs, but my picture's never going up. Jersey's Cafe has a mind boggling menu, a lot of which is worth the wait since they were on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. Machu Picchu down on 38th has some really interesting Peruvian; there was also an Ethiopian place practically next door (what, they have food there?) which was really good, haven't been in a while to know if it's still there, but it's worth the experience. South of there on Laffalot Rd are a "hispanic" and an "asian" restaurant in a little strip mall, each of which has some amazing things. Tongue tacos, mmm. And I mean real tacos, not the hard cornmeal things. Crab-asparagus soup, I actually looked up a recipe. My Caribbean place down on College is long gone :( Go-to for pizza, probably Greeks or Bazbeaux, but there are so many good ones. There's a lot of whining about how everything's chains now, but even some of those are good; there's just so much amazing stuff to experience, I don't think we're in as much danger of homogeneity as all that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    For TexMex type of food we used to like Chi-Chi's until they closed. Then we found Pinto's in Bedford and then they closed. Casa Brava is a pretty good place for Mexican food.

Mr Jarrel reminded me of bar-b-que/southern food: Brooksies Barn in Jackson TN had a heart stopping buffet of West Tennessee bar-b-que and other good eatin' (haven't been there in years now--assuming they're still open). Went to the Rendezvous once for bar-b-que--it was pretty good.

Scratch Pinto's off your list...they closed down 6 weeks ago or so.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    • India Sizzling in Fishers and Amber at 126th & Meridian do Indian justice.
    • Zydeco in Mooresville and believe it or not Mudbugs in Carmel are good for differing takes on Cajun.
    • Our Carrabbas closed, as did Loon Lake Lodge :(
    • Eddie Merlot's does it up and does it well, if you're willing to pay for it, just like Ruth's Chris.
    • The sit down restaurant at the track in Anderson makes some great stuff and treats you right.
    • Loves me some elk burger at Bubs, but my picture's never going up.
    • Jersey's Cafe has a mind boggling menu, a lot of which is worth the wait since they were on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives.
    • Machu Picchu down on 38th has some really interesting Peruvian;
    • there was also an Ethiopian place practically next door (what, they have food there?) which was really good, haven't been in a while to know if it's still there, but it's worth the experience.
    • South of there on Laffalot Rd are a "hispanic" and an "asian" restaurant in a little strip mall, each of which has some amazing things. Tongue tacos, mmm. And I mean real tacos, not the hard cornmeal things. Crab-asparagus soup, I actually looked up a recipe.
    • My Caribbean place down on College is long gone :(
    • Go-to for pizza, probably Greeks or Bazbeaux, but there are so many good ones.

There's a lot of whining about how everything's chains now, but even some of those are good; there's just so much amazing stuff to experience, I don't think we're in as much danger of homogeneity as all that.

FIFY :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom