• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    No, not the girl laying on the zebra skin rug.
    The prophecies and then the manifestations witnessed by thousands at Fatima, Portugal in 1917.

Embarking upon a bit of a study. Going to teach myself another course.

The book "Fatima Priest" is about a fellow from Montreal who passed away in 2015, a Father Nicholas Gruner. Essentially, he got fired for refusing to back down on getting the word out about the third message from the events of 1917 at Fatima. This book is much on the personal side of Gruner but it has gotten me to thinking about the whole affair. There are now available a goodly number of sources that examine from a variety of points of view what happened then and afterwards. I'm diving in with the expectations of having much to chew on and some beliefs challenged.

By the time of completion I intend to have achieved the following.
    * To have an understanding of the content of the three messages and the current status of fulfillment on the prophetic portions.
    * To have an understanding of the motivations behind the censorship of content that has been imposed.
    * To gain some understanding of the conflicting factions involved within the Vatican hierarchy.
    * To examine the concept of there being three interlocking city states that have been exacting control over the world, The City of London, the Vatican and Washington DC, determine the validity of the claims and how the censorship plays into it.
    * To have sufficient information, to weigh the evidence and satisfy myself as to what the agency involved in producing the miracle of Fatima really was.

fatima.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So you're reading this book to validate conspiratorial beliefs?

Most other folks would ask:
    How do masses of people all have the same delusion?
    Why does Catholicism endorse superstitions?
    Why is Mary, a Middle East woman, always depicted as a pale Northern European?

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    How do masses of people all have the same delusion?
    Why does Catholicism endorse superstitions?
    Why is Mary, a Middle East woman, always depicted as a pale Northern European?
    1) Perhaps they are not "delusions".
    2) Which superstitions?
    3) There are plenty of pale Israeli, Lebanese, Turkish, Syrian, Jordanian women. I don't get your racist implication.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    3) There are plenty of pale Israeli, Lebanese, Turkish, Syrian, Jordanian women. I don't get your racist implication.
    Its the same, tired trope of the whitening of Jesus. Because back in the day white artists painted Jesus as a white man like this and now its considered racist.

Sallmans-Head-of-Christ-White-Jesus.jpg

And after watching The Chosen, (link to the AWESOME series in my signature) I catch myself noticing this more now in movies. For one of the videos for worship yesterday, it contained movie footage for one of the old movies about Jesus (Greatest Story Ever Told, maybe? ) and I couldnt help but think to myself "He looks awfully white to me." :): But unlike one of these whiny liberals, I wasnt offended. I just noticed and moved on with my life.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Its the same, tired trope of the whitening of Jesus. Because back in the day white artists painted Jesus as a white man like this and now its considered racist.

Sallmans-Head-of-Christ-White-Jesus.jpg

And after watching The Chosen, (link to the AWESOME series in my signature) I catch myself noticing this more now in movies. For one of the videos for worship yesterday, it contained movie footage for one of the old movies about Jesus (Greatest Story Ever Told, maybe? ) and I couldnt help but think to myself "He looks awfully white to me." :): But unlike one of these whiny liberals, I wasnt offended. I just noticed and moved on with my life.
    "The Chosen" is truly "must see TV". It is spectacular.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    "The Chosen" is truly "must see TV". It is spectacular.
    It is. Cant wait for the next livestream.

Oh, and I laugh every time I think of the guy that replaced all of his moms jesus photos with Obi Wan while we are on the subject of white Jesuses.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    1) Perhaps they are not "delusions".
    Yeah... Perhaps the sun really did dance around, clothes magically dried out.
    2) Which superstitions?
    Where to begin... Mary was sinless, she has magical powers, the pope can speak with infallibility, pick your miracle, statutes are something you should kneel before, I got into college because mom found a potato chip shaped like St Bernard, wearing trinkets can protect you, pray to saint XXXX to solve YYYY, go on a pilgrimage to pray at chunk of wood...
    So now it's racist to say that Jesus, Mary and Joseph weren't white?!

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No, but you apparently are racist if your church has paintings like the one in post #9 and you dont take them down and replace them with more authentic representations of them.

At least that was a thing a while back. Not sure if that ever got any traction. Bigger things may have overshadowed it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I grew up in a religious tradition that did not use artists' renderings of Jesus because:

1. No one really knows what he looked like, and
    2. There is a danger that people would start revering objects...kinda like the idol worship that the prophets were constantly railing against (but seriously, what are the chances of that?).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Where to begin... Mary was sinless, she has magical powers, the pope can speak with infallibility, pick your miracle, statutes are something you should kneel before, I got into college because mom found a potato chip shaped like St Bernard, wearing trinkets can protect you, pray to saint XXXX to solve YYYY, go on a pilgrimage to pray at chunk of wood...

*pulling a Jetta* :whistle:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013

Perhaps the sun did dance around and clothes dried out. Many witnesses to the event. That you don't understand what happened doesn't change the reports.

What are the magical powers that mary has? And what does the Pope speak infallibly about? Which miracle would you like to talk about? And you do not understand what someone who kneels before a statue is actually doing. Your ignorance of the subject may only be surpassed by your smugness.

you made the mistake of assuming a persons color because of where they are from. That's racist. I've been to Israel, Lebanon, Syria. There are blue eyed blonds, brown-eyed dark skinned people and all shades in between. Area has been a melting pot of peoples for 10,000 years.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I grew up in a religious tradition that did not use artists' renderings of Jesus because:

1. No one really knows what he looked like, and
    2. There is a danger that people would start revering objects...kinda like the idol worship that the prophets were constantly railing against (but seriously, what are the chances of that?).
    Yup.

Our Baptist church, in a former Catholic orphanage, has empty spots on the walls.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Just throwing it out there for one of the points in the OP...aren't three horns to be torn out and replaced by a blasphemous little horn?

Things do seem to repeat over and over again.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Hey stay on topic "nerds"!

On the "miracle of the sun" not everyone witnessed the same event. Many including true believers didn't see a thing.

Why would Mary choose three poor peasant children. When she has the bat phone to the pope.

Top Bottom