• ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    My wife saw a company on facebook selling wooden raised garden beds, well she ordered 2 and this was back in october. mid december she contacted the company and they said there was a issue with her order but was on the way. A week or so later she received a small package from the company, 2 packages of cheap junk toothbrushes.! Well she contacted the company located in china and they offered to refund half her money, she said no and contacted her credit card company, took a little while but she got her money back finally. So beware of the to good to be true ads on facebook they are probably not legit, i have seen the ones for name brand mowers, chainsaws and snowblowers, 89 dollars shipped was tempted to try it but never did. buyer beware folks!!!!!!!!

If anyone else has had a experience like this please share!!!!!!!

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    If its Too Good to be True, its a SCAM! The ones I've seen are pretty easily spotted. Did Score a Deal though. Wife ordered a roll (100) of Forever Stamps for $39!!!! I checked back and couldn't find the Vendor. She asked to give it a week. After her time frame I contacted the CC Company and Canceled the Transaction due to no communication with the Vendor. Forgot about it for 6-7 weeks till a small envelope arrived from China. No Info, Invoice or any identification of the sender, just a Roll of Stamps! I took them to the Post Office and they said they were 100% USPS Forever Stamps, just a really old issue.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I saw an ad for a running model engine kit for $49. I knew very well that it sells for over $800. No sale.

Sometimes it can be fun to run a Google image search to see what legit company they stole the picture from.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A few months ago my brother was talking about a deal one of his buddies found with Stihl chainsaws. Something like mentioned above—way too good to be true. I told him to have his buddy buy a bunch of them because at $69 (or whatever ridiculous price they were) he could resell them and at least double his money. Heck, if he actually got them, I told him I’d buy one from him. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I'm going to get my check from the Nigerian prince. I just know it. Seriously though, there were ads in the back of the Enquirer in 80's that said you could work from home mailing envelopes and earn $1500/week. Now, nearly everyday, I receive a text "following up about that application I submitted for business funding". I can only imagine this **** must work or the scammers wouldn't continue.

Reactions: Leo

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm going to get my check from the Nigerian prince. I just know it. Seriously though, there were ads in the back of the Enquirer in 80's that said you could work from home mailing envelopes and earn $1500/week. Now, nearly everyday, I receive a text "following up about that application I submitted for business funding". I can only imagine this **** must work or the scammers wouldn't continue.
    Email, texting, etc are low cost ways (as long as one doesn't get tracked down and sued for violating no call lists, etc) to access a ton of people, some of whom will bite. The scammer doesn't have to bat a very high %, with such low cost of entry.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Made the mistake of ordering a "Christmas sweater" off some veteran sales add there. I'm thinking perfect for those ugly sweater parties right? Had the U.S. Army seal on it too. (28 year Army veteran)

It was a thin sweatshirt... PRINTED... to look like a sweater... lol.
    Man would I love to PTSD all over those guys.
    I wear it around the house though.

You know what I'm thinking? I'm thinking that's "disinformation".
    Pretty sure our benevolent government was against all that crap.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Ordered a wildly inappropriate ornament off of a FB ad back on Nov. 11. Stupid thing ended up being almost $40 with shipping, ins. etc. But part of me is still a kid but with grown-up money and a messed up sense of humor. Tracking showed it finally hitting the US on Dec. 10. On Dec. 26 I email the company and ask how they are going to remedy the problem that the item hasn't been delivered.

They apologize and say they'll get the tracking company to update the tracking info, you know because that will help.:scratch:

On Jan. 3rd I get a notice from USPS that I have a package with postage due ready to be picked up. I get to the post office to find it's the ornament. The very nice postal employee tells me that the scam is that the shipping I already paid is to get the item to the US and then they repackage it stick another label on it and basically hold your item "ransom" by way of sending it COD.

Delivery rejected and claim opened with Paypal.

The seller is still asking me to give them more time for delivery.:thumbsup:

Lpherr

Occupied
    Made the mistake of ordering a "Christmas sweater" off some veteran sales add there. I'm thinking perfect for those ugly sweater parties right? Had the U.S. Army seal on it too. (28 year Army veteran)

It was a thin sweatshirt... PRINTED... to look like a sweater... lol.
    Man would I love to PTSD all over those guys.
    I wear it around the house though.

You know what I'm thinking? I'm thinking that's "disinformation".
    Pretty sure our benevolent government was against all that crap.
    Nailed it.

Lpherr

Occupied
    MIL is always ordering that crap. She had been paying a monthly fee of something like $60 for some "free" vitamins, that she didn't realize. Just last month, she had her bank accounts hacked, and didn't realize it for several weeks. And she is always receiving junk that she doesn't remember ordering. We explained to her many times, that stuff is a scam and you are paying for this stuff, whether you know it or not.
    She continues ordering.:nuts:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I remember once when I was probably 8 or 9, found an add for BB gun pistols in a magazine for something ridiculous like $5 each. Mom sent the check in for me, I got back 2 plastic crap “BB guns” that shot tiny little plastic BB’s you couldn’t buy anywhere.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Fakebook is such a broken platform, I am really somewhat amazed that it reached the success it has.
    As it pertains to this thread, if FB would dedicate the resources it did to fix elections and propagandize the covid shots, this wouldn’t be a problem infecting their platform.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I remember once when I was probably 8 or 9, found an add for BB gun pistols in a magazine for something ridiculous like $5 each. Mom sent the check in for me, I got back 2 plastic crap “BB guns” that shot tiny little plastic BB’s you couldn’t buy anywhere.
    Must have been from the people selling the "universal coat hanger" gauranteed to work anywhere.

1673139015524.png

Top Bottom