• ...and so much more!
  • dvapro

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I’m building my first AR and I’m wondering about an optic
    Anyone have valid opinions for the differences between the aimpoint T2 and Eotech xps3?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I had an XPS2. When Eotech was doing the full retail return I took advantage of that and used the money to help fund a T2 and never regretted it.

The reticle on the Eotech was kinda nice, beyond that I had my doubts. Bad battery life, shifting 0/not holding, and not being able to sight it in consistently.

The aimpoint is solid, plus 7 years battery life rocks. I've had mine for 3.5 years I think now, still on the first battery and the optic has never been turned off

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I bought my T2 bare and used a Bobro mount. I was starting to get into Larue mounts then tried Bobro and switched to them if they make mount for the application. Have several American Defense mounts and they've always proven reliable as well

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Red Dot vs Holographic.

The T2 will be smaller and lighter, with much better battery life.

The Eotech will have a larger window, no fishbowl effect in the lens, as close to parallax free as you can get, no forward light signature. 1MOA center dot is also nice if you are using a magnifier.

Either one works. Eotech thermal drift problems have been largely fixed. The people that use these for a living tend towards Eotechs. They know when they are kicking in doors so they know when to replace batteries. 5 year + battery life makes a lot of sense for a home defense weapon. Turn it on, change the battery every presidential election.

Kperkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2018
    Logansport
    The larger field of view on the Eotech is the biggest advantage to me. I feel with micro red dots I have too much tunnel vision. Yeah the battery life isn't as good and the auto off feature may be annoying depending on how you use it but isn't a big deal for me. I prefer the lower 1/3 cowitness which I don't believe you can get with an xps3 unless you change the mount so me personally would go with an exps3.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I've had both. The eotech is faster it's also yuuuge. The micro is nice, small, and long battert life. I dont think on e is better than another. The exps is the only way to go eotech tho. Xps and cheaper have poor mounts that loosen and rear mounted controls are a nightmare with a magnifier. Thermal drift ward only an issue in extremes, like extremes that maybe northern Alaskans would see. It is a non issue imho even when it was an issue.

Comes down to what you want to spend. Most people will never use nvis. Save some money and go with the h2 or the exps2.

Top Bottom