• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I was in my kitchen cleaning up after dinner when I heard a strange loud sound that sounded like it included glass breaking. I thought I had broken a glass dish by running cold water over it while it was still very hot, but the dish was not broken. I decided that I'd investigate the sound later, but then the doorbell rang. At the door was my neighbor asking if everyone at my house was alright. I said that we were fine and then I asked what happened. Evidently his son was supposed to be bagging some guns to take to the range and a 12ga discharged it's payload of 00buck in my general direction. We looked at the exterior of my house and found the nice tight pattern of 00buck in my kitchen wall...about 3 feet from where I had been standing when I heard the noise. The payload penetrated the exterior siding, interior sheetrock, a cabinet wall and the pellets were found laying at the bottom of the cabinet they hit. Other than the wood it hit, nothing was broken. A couple of feet over....well I don't want to think about that. I'm 100% confident that the young man behind the trigger will not let something like that happen again, though I think it will be hard for him to stop shaking any time soon.

The point of this post is to remind everyone that the rules of firearm safety are not merely suggestions. Please follow them and teach everyone around you how to follow them. Accidents do happen but they are all preventable. This is a great opportunity to learn from another's mistake. :ingo:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    00 Buck entered the wall 3 feet from where you were standing! Wow, close call. Run out and by a LOTTO ticket.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Man Glad to hear your OK, and no one was hurt!! But I don't think I would have started the story out with me doing dishes!!! It should have read I was in the Kitchen Eating some Bacon when............ LOL really just glad no one was hurt and you are so right safety is every ones first obligation when it comes to firearms!! thanks for the sharing!!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Good to hear no one was hurt. You cant harp on safety enough, just one lax action and all hell breaks loose.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    :eek:

Glad all turned out OK.

Remember the story a few months ago about the guy test firing the .45
    like several hundred yards (IIRC) from his neighbor and behind some woods
    and the round managed to go the entire distance, went through the wall and
    killed the neighbor?

I'm assuming this was a much closer range encounter? Lucky stars and all that.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Man I am seriously glad everyone is OK, that could have gone bad sooo easily!

You obviously should wear your body armor while doin' the dishes!

(hidden cam footage at VPDBlue's house)
    dscn0150_em-dishes.jpg

Top Bottom