• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rshelbu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Did you ever get a straight answer to this question Bob ? I have also wondered if they were legal. And in case you were wondering Mr Grandmaster, I don"t know who I am talking to,just that his name is Bob. :dunno:

Hello Rshelbu it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ASK A QUESTION, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Your NotificationsUnread Private Messages0Unread Visitor Messages0Unapproved Visitor Messages0Incoming Friend Requests1Social Groups Join Requests0Social Group Invitations0Unread Picture Comments0Picture Comments Awaiting Approval0Unapproved Group Messages0New Likes Received0
    Go to Page...

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Did you ever get a straight answer to this question Bob ? I have also wondered if they were legal. And in case you were wondering Mr Grandmaster, I don"t know who I am talking to,just that his name is Bob. :dunno:

Hello Rshelbu it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ASK A QUESTION, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Your NotificationsUnread Private Messages0Unread Visitor Messages0Unapproved Visitor Messages0Incoming Friend Requests1Social Groups Join Requests0Social Group Invitations0Unread Picture Comments0Picture Comments Awaiting Approval0Unapproved Group Messages0New Likes Received0
    Go to Page...
    Not really sure why you put the stuff from an email you recieved in here, but, his question was answered. Also, Kirk wasn't asking you who you were talking to, nor was he asking who specifically bob was talking to in this thread. He was asking who told him that it was illegal to carry a baton.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    My thought on this is, as long as you're not whoopin' anyone with it or
    swingin' it around like a cartoon london bobby, no one cares if you have one.

The law is likely silent, let's keep it that way.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Did you ever get a straight answer to this question Bob ?

It is not illegal to carry any sort of baton, billy club, club, big ol' club, stick, inter alia in Indiana under the Indiana Code. It is in Texas.

NOTE: it was be prohibited by court order (ruling, probation, protective order, contempt of court, etc.) OR there may be a city ordinance.

I wanted to know who told him this as:

1. To ensure we correct the source who is putting the false info into the stream of gun nuttery.

2. If it is someone in Texas, rhino owes me ammo.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers

Go to Page...

I am somewhat baffled by this post. Also a little baffled by some of the responses. The op asked a simple question.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Cursory fun, I asked an Avon cop this exact question and he said only "We" get to carry them. I said, 'whatever' and he asked me if I wanted a free demonstration of the baton. Some cops say alot of stupid **** just to justify themselves I think...

As stated earlier, get proper training on how to use them. A longer item, like a baton, bat or truncheon can be quickly used against you or be remarkably useless in certain situations. Proper training, combatives, not hit a tree in your backyard for 10 minutes, then watch a Jet Li movie.

I carry either a decent blade or an ASP with me when I run. Knees, face, joint hits makes a jerk go down. But it's long and can be subdued quick. Quick, hard then retrative strikes. Akin to pulling a gun on someone no more than feet away, you want to keep your distance so you don't end up with it shoved up your exhaust pipe. When practicing, I find myself backing up alot, trying to get room. Depending on what you are doing with it, may not be ideal.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    are these legal? Ive heard it both ways. Is it a state law to allow or deny them? How about Ohio and Kentucky?

"No, now who are you talking to?"

Not to stir this up but know I am really confused. The op asked if these are legal. Kirk, your answer is no as you amended your post, that they are not legal. The big words are not confusing me just the little ones.

Edit: I see you cleared this up in later posts but the answer in the second post with all due respect sir is incorrect.

Last edited:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Make sure that you receive some type of training. Strikes in certain areas can be determined as lethal force.

Top Bottom