• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    copied from there site.....says it will work with any choke...

Steel through barrel - safely
    Monolit 28, Monolit 32, Dupo 28, Rossa 32 and Hexolit 32 slugs have polyethylene rings in their frontal part and stabilizing wads in the rear part, which ensure flawless shotshell case crimp opening and centering the slug body within the barrel. The diameter of the steel slug body for every gauge is calculated in such a way to ensure fully safe slug passage through the narrowest possible standard shotgun choke. Also, length dimensions of slugs are designed to be no less than the diameter of the barrel. This eliminates the possibility of the slug to twist in an acute angle and damage the internal barrel surface during the shot.
    The polymer ring on the slug’s frontal part is pressed onto the steel body under high pressure with great accuracy. Thus, it is capable of resisting heavy loads during the first moments after firing, as well as ensuring perfect slug centering and its safe passage through the barrel. The forces acting during a shot facilitate pressing the plastic parts into the slug body. Polyethylene parts pressed onto steel body have better sliding characteristics; they do not create fouling on the metal surface and effectively prevent damage.
    During several years, almost 7500 shots were fired through the D Dupleks ballistic data test barrel (internal diameter 18.4 mm, 1 mm full choke narrowing). This barrel looks like new, it does not have any flaws or damage.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    They've been around for years...

But haven't been sold / popular here in the states for all that long.

Much like the Extreme Shock ammo, I'm personally given to think the Ddupleks stuff is more style than substance.

But, I've not seen any "real" comparison tests done (like Box O' Truth).

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I invented that as a child, except with wood instead of metal flanges.

....it was a vampire defense round. Probably should have pursued it :)

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Rifling no rifling slug barrel no slug barrel an old smooth bore double barrel all work equally as well with this round and also barrel choke has no bearing. This is a completely versatile round non contemptuous of any shotgun configuration... It shoots the same out of your bird gun on full or modified choke as it does out of your smooth bore/rifled barrel HD shotgun...

I might be mistaken... but, I would assume that since it is a slug style design it would require a slug barrel. It does say that it can be used in any size choke however. :dunno:

Top Bottom