• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yes, I bought a S&W Model 500 8" barrel .500 S&W Magnum many years ago for FUN after I'd heard Teddy Kennedy whining about how civilians shouldn't be allowed to own them.
    AND I saw one in my local go-to gun shop up north at a much lower price than down here in Indy I couldn't resist!

Half the fun of owning it was knowing that comrade Teddy Kennedy didn't think I should be allowed to own it. :cool:

I had some fun with it, even got a shoulder holster for it to mess with my friends. :lmfao:
    It was totally impractical to carry though.

Shot no more than a couple of boxes of ammo out of it over the years and sold it on INGO Classifieds sometime back.

ben142266

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2023
    Aurora
    Yes.
    Bought a $50 rifle out of a Damark catalog. Had no clue. There was a little box with a couple of sentences about owning a piece of history, blah blah, and a picture. I was about 3 honey lagers in and thought what the hell. This is what I got in the mail. Yes this was mailed to me and arrived at my quarters on Schofield Barracks.

View attachment 276457 View attachment 276458 View attachment 276459
    1894 Mosin Nagant. I had no clue what it was at the time (1993-94 time frame). Chatellerault France produced Finn capture.
    I had this thing in my quarters and that was a huge no-no, but I was so dumb I would tell people it was an antique, and they mailed it right to me; so it can't be a functioning firearm, right? So a decade later I'm watching the History Channel and I see the rifle and go wait a minute. Started doing research as fast as 56k dial-up would allow and OMG. I could go on but, yeah $50.

BTW It is a fully functioning firearm and I have shot it.
    Jealous, some nice history with that gun and bought all for for the laughs

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Yes, I bought a S&W Model 500 8" barrel .500 S&W Magnum many years ago for FUN after I'd heard Teddy Kennedy whining about how civilians shouldn't be allowed to own them.
    AND I saw one in my local go-to gun shop up north at a much lower price than down here in Indy I couldn't resist!

Half the fun of owning it was knowing that comrade Teddy Kennedy didn't think I should be allowed to own it. :cool:

I had some fun with it, even got a shoulder holster for it to mess with my friends. :lmfao:
    It was totally impractical to carry though.

Shot no more than a couple of boxes of ammo out of it over the years and sold it on INGO Classifieds sometime back.
    Yep! The more chatter about bans and the more states outlaw them, the more I buy!

It’s just too bad that the likelihood of me losing them all in a boating accident someday is pretty high…

Kalashalite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    SE Indiana
    I own a Harrington & Richardson Model of 1908 12 Gauge Break Action Shotgun that someone had cut down to shortest legal length, parkerized and added a Mossberg 500 heat shield.

The lines of the gun and the exposed hammer make it kind of look like a Trench Gun.

It's a quick takedown model where the forend just kind of comes right off and the whole thing breaks in three pieces.
    So it's kind of like two pieces of bread with a bit of steel in the middle. It is nick named the "Po Boy"

I got it when I was a teenager for about $100 bucks, I'll never get rid of it. I let people shoot a slug or 00 through it and watch them wince afterwards...that's gives me a chuckle every time.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Nope!! DD44 was my all time favorite. Sounds like such a a beast in game ‍♂️
    I spent so many hours playing that game, lol! Good times and cool that you got one of the guns!

My kids are suddenly interested in shooting because I recently bought a Deagle, which I guess is in a few video games they play. Haha

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Buddy and I went to Lengels. And they had a Citori Magnum on the used rack.

Called him the next morning about going back up and getting it. He was kind if a jerk about going.....and he never is like that. Then he busted out laughing and said he just got home from there and had bought the shotgun.

Told him I was still gonna go back up and look around. So he said hed go with.

Walked in and a tiger striped 700 magnum in .300 winmag was on the rack. Buddy was all about it.

Looked at him and said screw you and bought it. LMAO

way2good4u95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 5, 2018
    Plainfield
    I bought some kind of cheap East German 38 special a while back and owned it for a little bit. To my surprise, it didn't have a single hiccup and shot every round accurately. Can't remember manufacturer for it.

Attachments

• IMG_5649.JPG
      IMG_5649.JPG
      692.1 KB · Views: 13

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    Monkied around with each of these for a short while.
    Not necessarily as a joke but on a lark, just to see what they were about.
    IWI Tavor 5.56
    Kriss Vector 9mm
    Beretta Storm 9mm
    RIA VR80 12 ga.
    IWI Galil 7.62

Meh

Attachments

• 20161103_776.jpg
      20161103_776.jpg
      3.2 MB · Views: 11
    • 20161209_865.jpg
      20161209_865.jpg
      3.3 MB · Views: 9
    • 20161209_875.jpg
      20161209_875.jpg
      908.5 KB · Views: 8
    • 20200105_2777.jpg
      20200105_2777.jpg
      2.4 MB · Views: 10
    • 20161015_635.jpg
      20161015_635.jpg
      2.6 MB · Views: 10
    Last edited:

Lumpy76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hebron
    Yeah, so far a NAA .22 and a S&W .460 with a 2.5" barrel. Not ugly but novelty, for sure. I forgot about some wierd Russian shotgun (rifle?) that has 2 12ga barrels and a 30-06 underneath. Also one of those crank fire set ups with two m1 carbines on a tripod set up to look like WWII anti aircraft guns.

This is my 3rd edit as I keep thinking. I'll probably list more. Haha.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yeah, so far a NAA .22 and a S&W .460 with a 2.5" barrel. Not ugly but novelty, for sure. I forgot about some wierd Russian shotgun (rifle?) that has 2 12ga barrels and a 30-06 underneath. Also one of those crank fire set ups with two m1 carbines on a tripod set up to look like WWII anti aircraft guns.

That weird Russian shotgun/rifle combo sounds a lot like what is known as a "Drilling" gun.
    You might just have a fistful of dollars with that one.
    Some Drilling guns bring incredibly stupid prices.
    We need GOOD pictures of this gun, A.S.A.P.

Lumpy76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hebron
    Will do. I checked it out before I bought it. Not high end like some of the English ones. I'm away from home for awhile. I bought it through classified here but for the life of me can't find it. More than two years ago.

When I get home I'll dig it out and give the maker and some pics. I want to say it was a pretty generic manufacturer.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Guilty! Last year, I bought a pistol because it matched my cat.
    HR6jG05.jpg

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.

Pics!!!

Top Bottom