Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have been tempted many times to buy one of these, just for laughs:

View attachment 275534
    I did that with this gun.
    I don't even like single action revolvers b/c of the loading & unloading process is so slow, haha!
    I bought the one with green fiber optics on rear sights & red on the front sights for $200.
    It was surprisingly accurate which made it so much fun.
    I bought larger grips for it for $35.
    I was only going to keep it for bit then sell it, but it is so accurate for $235 I can't let it go now, haha!

brdhntr37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Was browsing the forum today and found this hilarious thread

Not wanting to hijack that thread, it reminded me of the time I saw a particularly $hitti Erma Werke EP25 at my local shop. Ugly zinc 25 ACP west German pocket gun from the 60s. I knew it would get some laughs out of my circle of friends so I bought it for a whopping 100 dollars.

View attachment 275488

During our outings I'd whip this thing out at opportune times to get a laugh out of the guys. Use it to put down clays that got away...put down spiders in the grass... take long range shots at the gong, stuff like that.

As time went on I really enjoyed that little bugger. Not a serious use kinda pistol but it was a source of a lot of fun. Liked it more than I thought I would. Ended up selling it some time later to upgrade to a more serious pocket gun.

I keep thinking about that time and seeing some of the abominations in the aforementioned thread...

Was browsing the forum today and found this hilarious thread

Not wanting to hijack that thread, it reminded me of the time I saw a particularly $hitti Erma Werke EP25 at my local shop. Ugly zinc 25 ACP west German pocket gun from the 60s. I knew it would get some laughs out of my circle of friends so I bought it for a whopping 100 dollars.

View attachment 275488

During our outings I'd whip this thing out at opportune times to get a laugh out of the guys. Use it to put down clays that got away...put down spiders in the grass... take long range shots at the gong, stuff like that.

As time went on I really enjoyed that little bugger. Not a serious use kinda pistol but it was a source of a lot of fun. Liked it more than I thought I would. Ended up selling it some time later to upgrade to a more serious pocket gun.
    Can't say I've ever bought one just for laughs, but I do own that exact same gun. My wife's grandfather passed and had several old guns from his time in the military and police force. I've never shot that one, but it's one I can never get rid of. It'd be interesting to know the history on some of these old guns that come up

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have bought and sold a few firearms just because they were odd or unique, even if they had no practical purpose.

A Desert eagle in 50AE, A custom revolver in 45-70. A Merkel break open in 9.3 X 74. A bolt action Mauser converted to shoot .45acp pistol rounds that fed with a tube magazine like a Marlin .22. An old Remington Nylon 66, Winchester 59 Shotgun with a fiberglass barrel. A belt buckle with a detachable derringer. A single shot .45 that looked like a wallet with a hole in the middle for trigger access. A "last ditch" Arisaka.

I am sure I forgot some. Buy them, show it to all your friends, let some friends shoot it. Store it for a while, loose interest, sell to the next guy who does the same thing. Part of the hobby.

CB1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 27, 2018
    Putnam County
    Reading this thread earlier this am brought back some good memories. 30 years ago I was newly married and we were just starting out on our own in Texas. Money was tight but we paid our bills and had just enough leftover for fishing, movies, dinner, etc. Texas did not have any carry license at the time and most of my handgun needs were met with my 3" S&W 65. It was fun to go to the big gun shows and just look though!
    One day found me downtown at the Dallas Gun Show with a good friend and his father. I had just enough cash for entrance, some lunch, and maybe a box of ammo or two. My friend and his father were on a mission where one was going to purchase a wondernine and the other a Ruger GP100 4". So we split up and set out in the convention center to do our own thing. I was wondering around thinking there was nothing for me to buy when I came across a dealer with a table full of Jennings pocket pistols. I picked out a Jennings J-22 and thought this will be funny and how could I go wrong for the $49.95 price NIB! I quickly made the purchase and the dealer put the tiny package in a tiny brown paper sack. I met up with my friends a few minutes later in the show and they showed me their new firearms. They asked what I bought in the tiny sack. Much to their surprise I showed them my new firearm and they busted out laughing. Still had enough cash left for lunch at Arby's afterwards! Later that little Jennings J-22 served for some fun range time after the centerline ammo was exhausted in the bigger guns. She was completely reliable if you stuck with CCI Stingers and was decently accurate for the intended purpose. Just a couple years later sold the Jennings for IIRC somewhere around $70!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yes.
    Years ago someone hit my p.o.s. car parked in front of my house.
    Insurance totaled it and sold it back to me for nothing.
    I paid a few bills and had cash left over so this came home with me,
    IMG_20230513_205653056.jpg
    Taurus Raging Bull
    .454Casull
    8-3/8" ported barrel
    Full under lug.

This is indeed a fun gun, but incredibly utilitarian as well.
    It also turns every single head at the range, without exception.
    :D

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I am guilty of having a unicorn themed cerakote and gun candy job on a Cz shadow 2 that was as much as the gun itself as a joke on forums and Fb pages bc every Cz not a standard 75b most people say they have unicorns. I’ll have to dig up a picture

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I picked up a Uberti replica of a Colt Waker.

Then, I picked up another Uberti of a Colt Walker.

Then I picked up a ....well, you know.

Then I picked up a Uberti SAA.

Then I picked up a....

Let me make a long story short.

YES...and I would do it again (just in case somebody has a wts)

AA3D5813-563D-4FFD-BA11-FC62D4FD7946.jpeg

Top Bottom