• ...and so much more!
  • Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Was browsing the forum today and found this hilarious thread

Not wanting to hijack that thread, it reminded me of the time I saw a particularly $hitti Erma Werke EP25 at my local shop. Ugly zinc 25 ACP west German pocket gun from the 60s. I knew it would get some laughs out of my circle of friends so I bought it for a whopping 100 dollars.

th-1853862144.jpg

During our outings I'd whip this thing out at opportune times to get a laugh out of the guys. Use it to put down clays that got away...put down spiders in the grass... take long range shots at the gong, stuff like that.

As time went on I really enjoyed that little bugger. Not a serious use kinda pistol but it was a source of a lot of fun. Liked it more than I thought I would. Ended up selling it some time later to upgrade to a more serious pocket gun.

I keep thinking about that time and seeing some of the abominations in the aforementioned thread...

3828900_01_hi_point_c9_money_graphics_bra_640-587x440.jpg

I'm tempted to do it again. Perhaps with some flavor of hi point. Put an obnoxious muzzle device on it. Cringy paint job perhaps. Bring it to pistol shoots to get reactions out of people.

Lets hear your stories and see your guns that fit in this category
    :banana::flasher:

Last edited:

VostocK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Years ago I bought a Hi-Point C-9 as a joke because I got a gift card to a gun store for Christmas. I took it to the range and ran a box of steel case out of it and it ran just fine. Then I took it home and forgot about it. I had plans to spray paint it gold but never got around to it. I loaned it to a friend during the great gun panic in 2020 and I haven't seen it since.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Not for laughs, but I bought a lever action shotgun for a bachelor party range trip. Shot about 20 slugs through it and forgot about it. It was listed here in classifieds a few weeks ago. It was a fun gun. I don't think I got out of it quite what I paid but still a fun one to shoot.
    eREjWyx.jpg

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Was browsing the forum today and found this hilarious thread

Not wanting to hijack that thread, it reminded me of the time I saw a particularly $hitti Erma Werke EP25 at my local shop. Ugly zinc 25 ACP west German pocket gun from the 60s. I knew it would get some laughs out of my circle of friends so I bought it for a whopping 100 dollars.

View attachment 275488

During our outings I'd whip this thing out at opportune times to get a laugh out of the guys. Use it to put down clays that got away...put down spiders in the grass... take long range shots at the gong, stuff like that.

As time went on I really enjoyed that little bugger. Not a serious use kinda pistol but it was a source of a lot of fun. Liked it more than I thought I would. Ended up selling it some time later to upgrade to a more serious pocket gun.

I keep thinking about that time and seeing some of the abominations in the aforementioned thread...

View attachment 275489

I'm tempted to do it again. Perhaps with some flavor of hi point. Put an obnoxious muzzle device on it. Cringy paint job perhaps. Bring it to pistol shoots to get reactions out of people.

Lets hear your stories and see your guns that fit in this category
    :banana::flasher:
    Picked up a RG model 39 revolver for $80 from a pawn shop- 6 shot 38spl. To my surprise, it works!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Not really for laughs, but I had a guy come into the gun shop one day, said he didn’t trust the Taurus tcp he had, asked if I wanted to buy it, I asked how much, he said 40 bucks, I asked what he had with it, he said he’d have to go home and look

He came back with the gun, 3 mags, a leather pocket holster, a box of full metal jacket, a box of hydra shocks, and 2 boxes of critical defense, he said he changed his mind, and wanted 60 bucks, I thought you know I could sell the mags and ammo for close to a hundred, so I bought it…I ended up selling 1 box of ammo for 20, and keeping the rest, it’s actually in my back pocket now!

Another time a guy came in with a mossburg 930 camo, with a side saddle for a Remington, barrel was cut to 18 inches, he’d come in once before asking about a new barrel and removing the side saddle shell holder (asked if we had the trigger pins) I gave him the price and he left.

When he came back, he asked if we wanted to buy it, I said not unless he was giving it away, he said “I’m not taking it home, make me an offer!” I jokingly said “20 bucks!” He said “sold!”

I took it home spray painted the stock fde, painted the barrel and receiver with high temp black bbq grill paint, shot it once or twice. Then a lgs had a contest and gave away a beretta semi auto shotgun, I happened to win! A friend of my daughter was getting into shooting, so I thought “karma!”…so I gave her friend the mossburg! And then karma kicked her in the balls, it was stolen!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Years ago I had my ID stolen, so it took a while to straighten out, but got it done. Walked into a pawn shop In Louisville, and they had a Raven .25 for .$25, so I took a chance to see if the NICS system had me clear, and sure enough I took home that fine testament to firearms design, and owned it for years, had a few jams, but pretty ok over all...sold it years later

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Years back, I saw a trade in a glass case at LGS.
    Was an Intratec 38 cal, 2 shot Derringer. Had a dull black finish like parkerizing, and kinda bulky. I bought it and had it for couple of years.
    Shot ok for a Derringer, but traded off for something else. Never saw another one at any gun shows or ?

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Not one, not two, but THREE Calico 9mm carbines. Actually got tired of shooting before it ran out of ammo in the 100 round mag. Though I often got a rest clearing malfs. Sold the two that malfed the most, kept the most reliable one, with two 50 and two 100 round mags, and mounted a red dot. Still a blast, but you run out of target before you run out of ammo.

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    A while ago I bought this AR-7 with wood furniture, I call it ‘The Dollar-Store Thompson’.
    It’s a fun plinker, but it jams frequently
    Dude, not gonna lie, I wouldn’t shoot it in a match, but on the range plinking, that looks like fun!

Top Bottom