• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I am bummed - I was hoping E-ville would be given to TF as private holdings and renamed to something creative like Frostyville or something; and declared a 2A sanctuary city. ... LOL ... oh well

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Man, I'm telling you, you still need to have a Friends of the NRA picnic in that park, featuring a panel discussion by the Evansville city attorney, Guy Relford, and Kirk Freeman talking about the intersectionality of the 2A, Non Disclosure agreements, and Gay Dry Sex.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Man, I'm telling you, you still need to have a Friends of the NRA picnic in that park, featuring a panel discussion by the Evansville city attorney, Guy Relford, and Kirk Freeman talking about the intersectionality of the 2A, Non Disclosure agreements, and Gay Dry Sex.

I'm sure the parks have plenty of Gay Dry Sex without a picnic. Maybe a little wine, but not a whole picnic.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Thanks, this was not an easy 6+ years and a lot of sacrifices were made. Some expected, some not. As was said earlier there is an NDA that precludes me from sharing certain things.

I want to thank everyone in the INGO community that has stood by and supported us through this endeavor over the years.

A very humble expression of gratitude not only to you and your attorney but to your FAMILY as well because they went through this too. :patriot:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    SAY NO MORE!!!

Kein einziges Wort!

IMG_1989.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hell, TF doesn't need to buy me dinner.
    I'd like to buy him dinner for fighting the town.
    Too many people would have said it's not worth it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Maybe T. Lex can do a prospective break down of the legal fees of the City of Evansville, especially given the appellate court action?
    Doubt the city paid much of anything. Seems like this would be a covered claim, so insurance company would pay for the defense.

Even then, ballpark of fees to the firm including appeals.... $100k. Maybe more, maybe less.

Evansville's total 2017 expenditure for legal fees (the city itself, not engineering or utility work) appears to be ~$550k, about the same as 2016 and same budgeted for 2018.

I might do some digging on their document center and see what I could find. (Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if something about the settlement agreement was on there.) :)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Doubt the city paid much of anything. Seems like this would be a covered claim, so insurance company would pay for the defense.

Even then, ballpark of fees to the firm including appeals.... $100k. Maybe more, maybe less.

Evansville's total 2017 expenditure for legal fees (the city itself, not engineering or utility work) appears to be ~$550k, about the same as 2016 and same budgeted for 2018.

I might do some digging on their document center and see what I could find. (Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if something about the settlement agreement was on there.) :)
    Why would the insurance company have fought that long? I would have thought they would have cut their losses sooner.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Why would the insurance company have fought that long? I would have thought they would have cut their losses sooner.

Insurance companies have their own calculus that depends greatly on how much they think they can lose at trial. Since this is a new kind of case, they probably didn't have a nice neat formula for how much was at stake, so they gave the attorney a great deal of leeway.

The arguments made - and appealed - if they were successful, would have basically made the payout zero. They'd only be out the attorney bill. Which at that point wouldn't have been much (by insurance company standards).

Once it got to the point where a trial looked like a reality, there was incentive to settle because there was no way to predict how a jury would go. At that point, the risk of the unknown was greater than the cost of settlement.

it is common that when parties go to mediation that NDA are one of the results?
    If it settles, yes.

Even if it doesn't, there are rules that make settlement negotiations inadmissible. There are also legitimate tactical/strategic reasons for not publicizing negotiations.

Top Bottom