• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    ^^^^^

Whittaker(no "s" fellas) is THE gun mecca of the tri-state...DEFINITELY worth the extra gas.

Jim now charges $15.00 for transfers.

BTW, I'd much rather Darryl(the tiny fella that owns Whittaker) get the money, but Gander in Evansville honors Whittaker's prices...I'd never shop there, but I figured I'd throw that out.
    IM sorry let me add an apostrophe for you Whitaker's

:D

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    You can spend quite awhile looking at stuff at Whitaker's. Well worth the trip. Plus there's a few pawn shops across the river too. As for Evansville itself Rajo's has okay prices. River City Pawn is usually a rip off for guns. They want more than full retail for well used guns.

zombiekilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    Mt. Vernon
    Red Ghost and Rajo's is about the best for E'ville. Strictly Shooting is a rip but the range is ok. Gander is ok too, but watch the price. They will match price with any shop withi an hour drive. I tend to stay with Red Ghost and Rajo's though.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I have found that River City Guns in Mt. Vernon has good prices, but a limited selection. Also if J&S picks up from Wittaker's he charges 20 per gun. But as others have said to just browse they are the best in the area.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Since we can't buy a handgun in KY, thats out, but we may drive down there tomorrow to look around, I may bring my local FL's info with me just in case.

Really my friend is looking at making a purchase today. After someone tried breaking into my friends home, my friend really wants protection. After all, when seconds count the police are only minutes away.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    If you're on the north side Right to Bear Arms is nice has an OK selection of handguns and are pretty helpful. They are on 41 just north of the RV dealer on the left side, keep your eyes peeled or you will miss them.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Whittaker's at West Louiville and Dave's at Holland are good stores and I believe they both have ranges.

looks like we are headed to Daves in Holland. they are about 30 bucks cheaper on the LCR and the Charter Arms by about 50.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    looks like we are headed to Daves in Holland. they are about 30 bucks cheaper on the LCR and the Charter Arms by about 50.

This is the correct choice! Dave's is my favorite shop around. What they lack in Whittakers prices they MORE than make up for in customer service and care. I bought an LCR from Dave's a while back and the return srping snapped on it. They sent it back to the factory for me and took care of it completely. Also, I like a clean, organized and brightly lit shop- Dave's has all of that.

If you don't want to pay the range fee, I'm close and you can shoot at my place for free.

Dave's also has some decent prices on used and new j-frames, just sayin.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    That was awesome, my friend just got the deal of the century on a Charter Arms Undercover .38. Thanks for pointing us to a great gun shop. Prolly going to check out Whiticker's tomorrow just for fun.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    That was awesome, my friend just got the deal of the century on a Charter Arms Undercover .38. Thanks for pointing us to a great gun shop. Prolly going to check out Whiticker's tomorrow just for fun.

hate to say it, but there's a reason that Charter Arms guns can be had for not much money...

-J-

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

:yesway: I don't have any experience with Charter Arms, but I'm glad he got a good deal. And, if it was purchased at Dave's, in the event that it does have trouble just take it back and they'll take care of it completely. Just another reason I love to buy from them.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Now that I have been to Whitickers, Daves, Strictly Shooting, Rajo's in 2 days, I can say that Strictly shooting and Rajo's suck big time. I will never go back there. Seems like the people who work at both of those don't care for anyones business, cause they kinda acted like douchebags.

I have only great things to say of Daves and Whiticker's though. Both those places were amazing and full of great people to deal with. The prices were also excellent. Daves actually beat out Whiticker Guns by at least 15 bucks on every gun that I looked at in both stores, namely the Ruger LCR, the Springfeild 1911 RO, the Ruger Scout Rifle, and the Sig P226r. The price on the Sig P226r was about 70 dollars cheaper at Daves, though they did not have one, but on the price I got quoted to get one, Whiticker Guns had one in stock. Both of those gun shops were filled with friendly people and a helpful staff. If I'm ever in Evansville again, I would be happy to show either of these places my business.

But I kinda hope Strictly Shooting and Rajo's burn to the ground, those guys are both way overpriced and kinda mean.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Now that I have been to Whitickers, Daves, Strictly Shooting, Rajo's in 2 days, I can say that Strictly shooting and Rajo's suck big time. I will never go back there. Seems like the people who work at both of those don't care for anyones business, cause they kinda acted like douchebags.

I have only great things to say of Daves and Whiticker's though. Both those places were amazing and full of great people to deal with. The prices were also excellent. Daves actually beat out Whiticker Guns by at least 15 bucks on every gun that I looked at in both stores, namely the Ruger LCR, the Springfeild 1911 RO, the Ruger Scout Rifle, and the Sig P226r. The price on the Sig P226r was about 70 dollars cheaper at Daves, though they did not have one, but on the price I got quoted to get one, Whiticker Guns had one in stock. Both of those gun shops were filled with friendly people and a helpful staff. If I'm ever in Evansville again, I would be happy to show either of these places my business.

But I kinda hope Strictly Shooting and Rajo's burn to the ground, those guys are both way overpriced and kinda mean.

Sadly you aren't the first person to say that or feel that way. I've gone into Rajo's a few times over the years and it is so hit or miss on how you are treated it makes it so not worth going back in there again. I've been in Strictly where I've had money to burn and they've never even looked my way; I've talked reloading a bit and one of the guys there basically called everybody stupid that didn't shoot cast bullets. I don't go there any longer.

I have a little store that is in my little town and if they don't have it I go to Bud's Gun Shop online or buy it from Midway.

ssgjason

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Southern IN

<snip>

Not gonna disagree a whole lot there, especially about Rajo's. Strictly Shooting seems to be focusing more energy on bows than firearms...

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Strictly is hit or miss. I have been lucky enough to deal with the younger guy and he is always quick to help me when I walk in

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I just heard today that Right To Bear Arms is going to build an indoor range!

YES....finally a viable public alternative to Strictly Dickheads....I mean Strictly Shooting.

:-)

Top Bottom