Euthanasia seems to be making a comeback.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    What about using Hospice?
    I don't equate hospice to euthanasia. They are quite different courses of treatment. Though I suppose there also exist people who are railroaded into hospice by socialized medical systems that deem them undeserving of treatment, no 25 year olds are being put in hospice for being depressed.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I've ask my doctors about euthanasia instead of hospice when it's time for me to go and they look at me like I'm talking like some crazy person. Why would I want to be bed ridden and pumped full of morphine waiting to die?
    The good news is, fentanyl is cheap,readily available and comes in both shot and pill form for those who can't stick a vein.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    This one is touching for me. My late wife died from a brain infection. Doctors had told her from the beginning that it could happen, it was rare, but it was a possibility. She went to sleep one day and never woke up. She was in a hospital for 10 days and they did everything they could to bring her out of it even though brain scans showed no activity from day 1 in the hospital, they sent her home under hospice care to die. One doctor said she could live several weeks, another said days. Hospice hooked up with a morphine drip and she was gone in 3 days. Yes, the morphine sped up the dying process brought and end quicker than just letting her body die slowly. I'm a believer in Jesus Christ and have wondered if I let them do the right thing. In my heart we did the right thing. We (doctors and family) really have no idea what happens to a person that is classified as "brain dead". I've heard stories of people that have have come back to life after being dead for several minutes and they have told what doctors, nurses and others have said while they were "dead".

I do not believe euthanasia should be used in any manner on anyone but know as in my wife's case there are reasons why it is done.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Im truly sorry for your loss.
    I drew the lucky card as a kid and had four parents by the time I was about eight.
    Im a big personal choice believer, I believe a sound person should be able to make that choice-decision.
    I have done hospice with two parents with life ending diseases that chose when to go in their own home.
    Used a semi liquid morphine under the tongue.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    This one is touching for me. My late wife died from a brain infection. Doctors had told her from the beginning that it could happen, it was rare, but it was a possibility. She went to sleep one day and never woke up. She was in a hospital for 10 days and they did everything they could to bring her out of it even though brain scans showed no activity from day 1 in the hospital, they sent her home under hospice care to die. One doctor said she could live several weeks, another said days. Hospice hooked up with a morphine drip and she was gone in 3 days. Yes, the morphine sped up the dying process brought and end quicker than just letting her body die slowly. I'm a believer in Jesus Christ and have wondered if I let them do the right thing. In my heart we did the right thing. We (doctors and family) really have no idea what happens to a person that is classified as "brain dead". I've heard stories of people that have have come back to life after being dead for several minutes and they have told what doctors, nurses and others have said while they were "dead".

I do not believe euthanasia should be used in any manner on anyone but know as in my wife's case there are reasons why it is done.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    It's a tough decision and I feel for ya. I had to make those same decisions for both my parents. It's a decision I hope most will never have to make.

Top Bottom