• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    All I can say in regards to the downtown shooting is this is yet just another example of poor parenting. But somehow, someway the press and the ANTI-GUN Indianapolis Star will put some spin on it that gives honest, law-abiding, good parents that support gun laws a bad name. I remember back when the law that allowed people that carried firearms in their vehicle while on work premises lawfully how the Indy Star ran ANTI-GUN article after article opposing this law. But I have not read or seen any news reports on people being shot at their places of employment by a lawfully licensed gun owner since this law passed. It just seems to me that guns are blamed for every unfortunate thing. It has nothing to do with poor parenting, poor economy, unemployment, the extremely high cost of living, or a corrupt government. In their eyes, guns are the root of all evil. I will support the NRA and all people that support guns lawfully. I have heard it said that "Fences make good neighbors" But "Guns make them honest"

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My sister works at Morton's, and was there that night. She sent a nasty letter to the Governor and Mayor. Thing is the dirt bags will always have guns. No matter what laws or restrictions are in place. That what the liberal morons do not understand.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    The parents will blame anyone and everyone else, it can't be their fault, besides their good kids they just didn't understand what they were doing.

nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    one of them that was shot was a 12 year old that had been going there for a couple of years with no parental supervision.imo this event should be shut down you always have violence ,people hurt, killed ,riots,theft.if this kind of crap were to happen at the 1500 or the 500 and brickyard 400 which is mostly white events which im not tring to say its a racist event,it would be shut down.

gworkman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    If goverment would just stop and think abouT it for a min. They would see that 95% of the people who are robbing and killing are not even gun permit holders. So what good would it do to take our guns they will still have theres

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    The idiot who got caught

That degenerate who is suspected of one of the shootings was a student in my wifes math class. She said he would always get kicked out, yelling wrong answers out loud, a constant distraction, always fighting and eventually not allowed back into the school system. What a POS I wish I could have 3 minutes with that fool.

Just 3 min:xmad:

I just watched Ch8 news and watched the crowd fighting each other, screaming and then a scean with people running from the shots, Im gonna tell ya watching that footage of "my downtown" made me sic. I say relocate the Expo to the fairgrounds and be done with it. Down town buisnesses are sic of unpaid tabs, damage to properties, shootings and radical behavior during this "celebration", I doubt anything will change but the increase of police presence at the next one.

Hope i didnt bring anyone down.

Last edited:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    If goverment would just stop and think abouT it for a min. They would see that 95% of the people who are robbing and killing are not even gun permit holders. So what good would it do to take our guns they will still have theres

Common sense should not be used when talking about the goverment.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    Some woman was on TV last night saying that the Po-lice should have had "tighter security". For crying putloud, There were over 500 cops downtown that night! Too many kids, not enough parenting. Just 1 man's opinion.

dleeharrison

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    I noticed that the culprit was caught and that his mother was saying that "her little son" just couldn't do that! He looks that a punk right out of the 'hood by his mugshot. Maybe Black Expo shoud be transferred to Martinsville next year.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I noticed that the culprit was caught and that his mother was saying that "her little son" just couldn't do that! He looks that a punk right out of the 'hood by his mugshot. Maybe Black Expo shoud be transferred to Martinsville next year.[/quote]

Is it PC if I laugh at that?

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When I was a child, If I screwed up and acted like a fool at one of the neighbor's house while playing with the neighborhood kids that parent would quickly correct my attitude, sometimes with a belt or a tree limb. And by the time I got home crying they had already called my parents and I got it again. That is what is wrong with society these days, NO ACCOUNTABILITY. If you spank your child somebody wants to call Child Protective Services or the police on you. Heck the kids even threaten to call. My son (age 11) said to me one time that if I spank him he would call. Let me tell you, he never made it to the phone. I put an ass whipping on him that he will never forget. (He said he was told by one of his teachers that this was the thing to do) I quickly called and corrected that teacher. I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with ACCOUNTIBILTY at my house. "Spare the rod, spoil the child"

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Perhaps the most disturbing aspect of the live video (Channel 8) filming the actual shooting and subsequent aftermath would be the smiles and laughs of some of the young adults and kids as they are either walking or running from the sound of gun shots. THAT just blew my mind that someone can take such a non chalant, almost playful attitude about something so life threatening.

Perhaps it's all the computer games where kids just have 10 lives and when the game is over, they just hit restart.

Perhaps it's just awful parenting and not teaching their kids how serious firearms can be in the wrong hands.

Or perhaps such gunfire is just everyday normal life to them...sad.

BTW, this can apply to every family: white, black, asian, etc...

ckmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Greenfield
    Unbelievable, just do away with the event or move it to another city. It's hard to believe the profits are more than the expenses when all things are considered, especially the priceless item of reputation. Now we're hearing about a secure zone? Ya, like that's gonna help, just get rid of it!!

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I noticed that the culprit was caught and that his mother was saying that "her little son" just couldn't do that! He looks that a punk right out of the 'hood by his mugshot. Maybe Black Expo shoud be transferred to Martinsville next year.

Sure, we can host that event !!!

I was at a cookout on Sunday, and the host is an IMPD officer that worked the expo on Sat/ Sun during the shooting. They feel like many of the public that responded to polls afterwards that the event should be cancelled.... at least for a year or two.

He stated that no other event in Indy requires such police presence, has as many issues as or that the people attending can be so rude, non caring of the laws etc.... (probably 10%ers as usual but this same small group always ruins things for the others) its the expo we can park anywhere and do whatever we want !!!

And on the same note, he also said that many of the out of towners were very nice people and seemed to really want to enjoy the event and the city.

And then the black clergy on the news saying that its a community issue not an expo issue !!!! WTH ??? We never have these many issues at any other event nor any other single evening thru out the year. Granted Indy has its moments, but damn. See whats happening and admit the problem !!!

On a side note, the mayor gave Mike Epps a key to the city, I used to work with his Dad. Mike won the HBO comedy search (years ago) and has starred in many films along with his standup act. Not sure thats worthy of the key to Indy but......

:popcorn:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    (snipped)
    And on the same note, he also said that many of the out of towners were very nice people and seemed to really want to enjoy the event and the city.

And then the black clergy on the news saying that its a community issue not an expo issue !!!! WTH ??? We never have these many issues at any other event nor any other single evening thru out the year. Granted Indy has its moments, but damn. See whats happening and admit the problem !!!

(snipped)
    :popcorn:

What I heard a clergyman say on the radio was that "they" (i.e. the black community) need to control their kids. This guy, at least, didn't try to put it on the police or the City; he put the blame squarely where it belongs, and it's about time.

When I worked for the City, I always tried to be out of town for Black Expo because it often seemed like a zoo. More than once I remember IPD Tactical Response Teams lining up on the streets to break up rowdy crowds downtown. In those years (mid-to-late 90s) it always seemed to involve folks who had come up from Cincy, but that seemed to taper off as the years went by and the Black Expo committee made some changes.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    If they will not cancell it from now on then theys hould make some rules.
    Every child should be accompanied by a parent or an adult
    On a weekend there should not be anything going on past 7pm.
    These may not be the answers but it could be a start at least with some rules or different times of the event.
    I think making the parents more accountable for their lack of responsibility as in arresting them along with their children.
    Whatever happend to the Curfew? It is to be enforced but now I know its not. There used to be a commercial on TV at 11:00p every night saying
    "parents do you know where your children are" I havent heard that in years and years. If the LEO would enforce that then the parents would have to be more accountable.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    If they will not cancell it from now on then theys hould make some rules.
    Every child should be accompanied by a parent or an adult
    On a weekend there should not be anything going on past 7pm.
    These may not be the answers but it could be a start at least with some rules or different times of the event.
    I think making the parents more accountable for their lack of responsibility as in arresting them along with their children.
    Whatever happend to the Curfew? It is to be enforced but now I know its not. There used to be a commercial on TV at 11:00p every night saying
    "parents do you know where your children are" I havent heard that in years and years. If the LEO would enforce that then the parents would have to be more accountable.

We do! We have a group of officers every year at both expo & circle city whose only job after 11pm is to round up all the little turds who are out w/out parental supervision. The hour before curfew we play a message over loud speakers telling them when curfew is & that they need to go home. They get taken to juvenile's "hugs & kisses" division where their parents are called to come get their juvenile delinquet. There are easily 50-75 kids picked up for curfew at these events & these kids are the ones who are carrying guns, throwing up gang signs, & causing all the fighting.

The problem is that curfew isn't an arrestable offense, at most they get a ticket w/ a court date to show up in court for a slap on the wrist.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The parents will blame anyone and everyone else, it can't be their fault, besides their good kids they just didn't understand what they were doing.

It's always the same story. They never want to accept responsibility for their own actions, or for themselves. There's always some way to explain it away as being oppressed "victims" of the "system".

Top Bottom