• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Is this a troll ? Definitely does not work on my iPhone, I’m using a 13 with the Tapatalk app 8/
    No, I don't do trolling.
    That is a screenshot from my iphone SE

I don't use tapatalk though, I just use firefox browser. Holding over an image brings up that dialog.

I honestly don't know what tapatalk can do that my browser doesn't. I don't install non-default apps on my phone. If I can't do business with you via a browser, you won't get my business. Apps are annoying and intrusive and a security risk I don't want.

Last edited:

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    No, I don't do trolling.
    That is a screenshot from my iphone SE

I don't use tapatalk though, I just use firefox browser. Holding over an image brings up that dialog.

I honestly don't know what tapatalk can do that my browser doesn't.
    :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:And computers were supposed to make our lives so much simpler.

Who ever said that didn’t take capitalism into consideration.

Us capitalist can each make ice cubes 50 different ways and still make a buck.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:And computers were supposed to make our lives so much simpler.

Who ever said that didn’t take capitalism into consideration.

Us capitalist can each make ice cubes 50 different ways and still make a buck.
    I concur and that’s coming from someone who’s been in the IT business for 30 years.

The Internet was a wonderful place when it first began, no ads, no commercialization, just the facts.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I concur and that’s coming from someone who’s been in the IT business for 30 years.

The Internet was a wonderful place when it first began, no ads, no commercialization, just the facts.
    Oh, OK, must be one of those coding kinda guys then.

I remember my first computer class, I was 50. Intro to Windows 98. You could punch in someone’s phone number and get their life history……for free.:yesway:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Couldn’t say, don’t know. Don’t own a smart phone or log on to INGO from my computer. Just this very old I pad, that is ….for the moment running directly from the wall socket. My battery is fried. Haven’t gotten to a town that can replace the bat.
    plan on buying a new iPad. Replacing batteries on those is incredibly difficult due to all the glue used to hold them together. You are more likely to destroy the iPad.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    plan on buying a new iPad. Replacing batteries on those is incredibly difficult due to all the glue used to hold them together. You are more likely to destroy the iPad.
    Well I won’t be doing the work, I’ll pay some secondary referb Apple outfit like T Mobile or Best Buy in Lafayette to do the work, we’ve already decided that mine will be a reman. About the same cost. But thanks for the financial advice, you always give me the best. Maybe I should have looked into the matter before I made my post.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well I won’t be doing the work, I’ll pay some secondary referb Apple outfit like T Mobile or Best Buy in Lafayette to do the work, we’ve already decided that mine will be a reman. About the same cost. But thanks for the financial advice, you always give me the best. Maybe I should have looked into the matter before I made my post.
    I didnt mean you literally.

I'd call around before making the drive to get it fixed if you want to go the repair route. You may be hard pressed to find somebody willing to try. One of my guys at the office that enjoys doing phone battery swaps tried it once. Said he'd never do it again.

Reman is the way to go.

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

I'd call around before making the drive to get it fixed if you want to go the repair route. You may be hard pressed to find somebody willing to try. One of my guys at the office that enjoys doing phone battery swaps tried it once. Said he'd never do it again.

Reman is the way to go.
    Thanks

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Couldn’t say, don’t know. Don’t own a smart phone or log on to INGO from my computer. Just this very old I pad, that is ….for the moment running directly from the wall socket. My battery is fried. Haven’t gotten to a town that can replace the bat.

Reman is the way to go.

Yeah, I have an original iPad that works fine but is basically junk since the apps are so old they cannot even render modern websites and have security holes big enough to drive a bus through and there are no longer updates to the OS or the apps.

The only thing it is good for now is an e-picture frame and a calculator. I don't let it connect to the net anymore either.

You really (I mean REALLY) should invest in something more recent to browse the wild wild internet if you value your privacy and security.

New PC's that are plenty capable can be had for less than $200 these days, such as used corporate turn-ins.

P.S. I hope you don't do any banking or shopping on it.

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Yeah, I have an original iPad that works fine but is basically junk since the apps are so old they cannot even render modern websites and have security holes big enough to drive a bus through and there are no longer updates to the OS or the apps.

The only thing it is good for now is an e-picture frame and a calculator. I don't let it connect to the net anymore either.

You really (I mean REALLY) should invest in something more recent to browse the wild wild internet if you value your privacy and security.

New PC's that are plenty capable can be had for less than $200 these days, such as used corporate turn-ins.

P.S. I hope you don't do any banking or shopping on it.
    Nope, I don’t, just INGO. You guys are welcome, come on in.

Banking, I don’t even trust my bank’s employees. In person . :lmfao:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    How do I build a legit EMP not just the little disposable camera deal
    What, exactly is it you want to build? An EMP is an Electro Magnetic Pulse. Usually generated by a nuclear detonation although there could be other devices. I think a lightning strike can have a localized EMP.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What, exactly is it you want to build? An EMP is an Electro Magnetic Pulse. Usually generated by a nuclear detonation although there could be other devices. I think a lightning strike can have a localized EMP.
    I googled it. You can make a mini EMP device from a disposable camera flash. LSS you rig the cap to a loop of wire and when you discharge the cap with some unshielded device (like a Nintendo gameboy) right next to the device it gets fried.

So if the EMP we are discussing is nuclear level, what he didnt want to make is the party popper sized EMP.

And no, there is no way to make an effective EMP with any range. I cant think of a way to deliver that much energy that fast short of a compact nuke.

EDIT: At least not without tens of thousands of dollars and an engineering degree. And even that device would have a very limited range measured in hundreds to thousands of feet. (Energy dissipates at a ridiculous rate as it moves away from the emitter )

Last edited:

TacticAll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Heres a video from the TV show "Future Weapons" showing the effect of EMP on a mid 90's model Ford Taurus.

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]Aj54FcI7_dE[/MEDIA] - Taurus gets zapped by EMP[/ame]
    Good find. I’ll have to check it out. Isn’t that Richard Mac Machowicz Show. Former SEAL great book Unleash the Warrior Within. A man can only be beaten in 2 ways. 1. He gives up 2. He dies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I googled it. You can make a mini EMP device from a disposable camera flash. LSS you rig the cap to a loop of wire and when you discharge the cap with some unshielded device (like a Nintendo gameboy) right next to the device it gets fried.

So if the EMP we are discussing is nuclear level, what he didnt want to make is the party popper sized EMP.

And no, there is no way to make an effective EMP with any range. I cant think of a way to deliver that much energy that fast short of a compact nuke.

EDIT: At least not without tens of thousands of dollars and an engineering degree. And even that device would have a very limited range measured in hundreds to thousands of feet. (Energy dissipates at a ridiculous rate as it moves away from the emitter )
    True. The "inverse square law" (or something like that) is a b!tch!

Frontiersman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    East Central Indiana
    So, what exactly happens in an emp that fries electronics? Wouldn't most simple electrical items be durable enough to hold up? Microprocessors, sure. My cordless drill? ... My toaster would probably be fine.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So, what exactly happens in an emp that fries electronics? Wouldn't most simple electrical items be durable enough to hold up? Microprocessors, sure. My cordless drill? ... My toaster would probably be fine.
    the energy released is essentially picked up by the electronics like an antenna. it converts to high voltage and fries the components due to over voltage. Kinda like plugging your toaster in to a 440 outlet. it immediately fries the components due to overvoltage.

Top Bottom