Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I was all over the Twitter auction until I realized that winning bidders have to pick up their stuff in Cali. I had my eye on one of those sweet espresso machines, and was thinking how extra good my morning cappuccino would taste knowing that the machine that made it used to do so for pampered Tweeter employees.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The auction bids should be required to be in eight dollar increments.

They don’t have an arrangement for bidders to pay for shipping?

ETA:
    Found this on the website
    HGP will provide 3rd party vendors that can assist with shipping. Additional information regarding removal procedures and logistics vendors will be provided in January 2023.
    So depending how much your schadenfreude is worth to you, you can pay the freight and get your machine

Last edited:

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    The big difference: Trump said bold things he often couldn’t substantiate. Elon is substantiating the bold things he says.

Trump couldn't? Or was not given the ability to? Remember, he was de-platformed in a coordinated effort by by the tech companies. How would he get word out of any proof?

Musk bought a platform with existing brand recognition and an established user base.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Trump couldn't? Or was not given the ability to? Remember, he was de-platformed in a coordinated effort by by the tech companies. How would he get word out of any proof?

Musk bought a platform with existing brand recognition and an established user base.
    His issues with his mouth went way beyond being de-platformed.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    His issues with his mouth went way beyond being de-platformed.

Frankly I found it refreshing to hear someone in a political office actually speak his mind. Not just speaking in sound bites or reading a speech from a teleprompter that was written by someone else then scrubbed to make sure it promised nothing and took no stance on anything.

Did I agree with the way he said everything? No. Did I love the fact that he seemed to legitimately love our country? Absolutely.

@wtburnette makes a legit point as well.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Exacerbated by the opposition (the Leftist politicians and media) who took whatever he did say completely out of context, or they outright lied to make it seem like he said something he never said.

Yep, and it continues to this very day, even here.
    See last week the "Constitution crisis" discussion with people here posting yahoo.com talking points.

trUmP sAId soMEThiNG!!!

tumblr_m2ymj4izKn1qedb29o1_500.gif

Bunch of weak-willed tools.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Exacerbated by the opposition (the Leftist politicians and media) who took whatever he did say completely out of context, or they outright lied to make it seem like he said something he never said.
    Agreed. Like every MSM outlet referring to the Korean bank Trump had a loan with as a 'North Korean connected bank' when it was the finance arm of Daewoo and it's only connection with the Norks was it helped operate a government show factory in the DMZ in the 90's as part of the perennial efforts of some politicians to pretend the DPRK can be civilized or insisting Trump wanted to 'suspend the constitution' by excerpting the quote to distort what he really meant

Two prime examples in only the last couple of weeks. Why are they so afraid of him that they'll go to any length and plumb any depth?

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I was thinking about how he hadn't distanced himself from the racists at the one rally, but yeah, that too. I have a long list of them that are in the wonderful book by Kurt Schlichter.

Trump gets a lot of criticism for not denouncing group x or group y. I don't think that particular criticism is valid.

1. We don't know that he has not disavowed those groups. Remember, the media is against him and would not publish anything positive he says even if he did say it.

2. This is a control tactic. Basically it is a way to try and force Trump to do something by using something that is commonly thought of as being acceptable. If he says it, then he has given in to the pressure of the media and said it because they demand it.

So there is a claim that people dressed as Nazis show up to a Trump rally where literally anyone can come to. Let's assume they were nazis. No one likes nazis.​
    The media demands that Trump denounce nazis.​
    If Trump does what the media says, they have demonstrated they can control what he says.​
    If he does denounce nazis then the media just ignores it.​
    Either way he is at a disadvantage.​

If you were arguing with someone and they demanded that you say pedophiles are evil, you would be tempted not to say it to prevent that person from being able to manipulate you. This is despite the fact that child molesters should get the death penalty.

This is such an obvious statement, white supremacists are bad, that it goes without saying. But the media demands it knowing that it will hurt him no matter what.

For the record, black supremacists are bad as well as any other ethno-supremacist.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Trump gets a lot of criticism for not denouncing group x or group y. I don't think that particular criticism is valid.

1. We don't know that he has not disavowed those groups. Remember, the media is against him and would not publish anything positive he says even if he did say it.

2. This is a control tactic. Basically it is a way to try and force Trump to do something by using something that is commonly thought of as being acceptable. If he says it, then he has given in to the pressure of the media and said it because they demand it.

So there is a claim that people dressed as Nazis show up to a Trump rally where literally anyone can come to. Let's assume they were nazis. No one likes nazis.​
    The media demands that Trump denounce nazis.​
    If Trump does what the media says, they have demonstrated they can control what he says.​
    If he does denounce nazis then the media just ignores it.​
    Either way he is at a disadvantage.​

If you were arguing with someone and they demanded that you say pedophiles are evil, you would be tempted not to say it to prevent that person from being able to manipulate you. This is despite the fact that child molesters should get the death penalty.

This is such an obvious statement, white supremacists are bad, that it goes without saying. But the media demands it knowing that it will hurt him no matter what.

For the record, black supremacists are bad as well as any other ethno-supremacist.

Basically they set the argument and terms.
    "Well, Trump, do you deny you are a nazi?"
    It's always a one end loaded question.
    "When did you stop beating your wife?"
    Same thing.

Top Bottom