• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So now if we get attacked here at home let's just assume it's Iran and bomb the **** out of them, turn their cities to rubble and call it a day.

RMOR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Anderson
    Just reelect him and give up some more Liberty and we will be safe.

It really is a shame its come to this.

Old Wisdom:

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Ben Franklin

New Wisdom:

"The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with" - Ron Paul

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Little thing about Iran that the news media doesn't want us to find out, but the majority of the people of Iran are very pro-western. Their big problem is they don't have the weaponry to regain their freedom from the ruling group of not so friendly people.

The problem is that we too have to be aware of that ruling group and what they are up to, which seems to be stirring things up as best as possible.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Little thing about Iran that the news media doesn't want us to find out, but the majority of the people of Iran are very pro-western. Their big problem is they don't have the weaponry to regain their freedom from the ruling group of not so friendly people.

The problem is that we too have to be aware of that ruling group and what they are up to, which seems to be stirring things up as best as possible.

That doesn't sound too far off from the good old USA these days! It's certainly the direction we're moving. The ruling class in Washington and our own MSM.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

So if we went on yet another regime-changing crusade, and completely eliminated their current government, what sort of government do you think would take its place? Another Islamic theocracy that hates the west, or a truly secular democracy that wants to be our friend? I know which is most likely based on history, but maybe you can explain how I'm wrong in my assumption that it would be the former?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Mark this post:

If he's trailing by double digits in October, Iran better watch out.

Marked.

I find that strangely plausible.

Definitely more likely than my prediction that Obama would lose the election and, on December 21, 2012, announce his refusal to step down claiming right wing fraud.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

There's a lot to what you say about many Iranians being pro-western.

When I was at IU Bloomington in the 1970's there were many Iranian students.
    They seemed to like the USA and many i crossed paths with wanted to fit in here.

It was during the days of the Shah and before Ayatollah Khomeini came out of exile.

The Iranian students I knew of hated the Shah and wanted him gone.
    But none i ever knew of wanted the Shah replaced with a radical Muslim government.

They seemed to like the freedom we had in the USA and wanted it for their country too.

It's because of this I believe if we can handle the radical Iranian government problem, we could come away from it with peaceful relations with Iran.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Definitely more likely than my prediction that Obama would lose the election and, on December 21, 2012, announce his refusal to step down claiming right wing fraud.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it-thumb.jpg

LOL

Top Bottom