• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lpherr

Occupied
    I've never tried any of the pre-mixes, but I've had it with rum, Jim Beam, and once with peppermint schnapps. Didn't like the schnapps.
    I haven't had any nog this year, it's been hard to find and quite pricey.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Picked some up at Costco. Not sure what alcohol was in it but it was good. Have a rule all eggnog must be consumed by Christmas so I no longer have the bottle.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Picked some up at Costco. Not sure what alcohol was in it but it was good. Have a rule all eggnog must be consumed by Christmas so I no longer have the bottle.
    Was it in the cooler? Brown bottle? I think it was Southern Comfort?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I love egg nog. I make a batch twice a year. Usually will cut this recipe in half when i make it. Lasts me a couple weeks as I'm the only one in the house that likes egg nog. This is my dad's recipe that was used for annual NY day party they put on every year. Can substitute your favorite whiskey. Sugar, Vanilla, and nutmeg are to taste

3232411154064346441(1).jpg

Lpherr

Occupied
    I love egg nog. I make a batch twice a year. Usually will cut this recipe in half when i make it. Lasts me a couple weeks as I'm the only one in the house that likes egg nog. This is my dad's recipe that was used for annual NY day party they put on every year. Can substitute your favorite whiskey. Sugar, Vanilla, and nutmeg are to taste

View attachment 245353
    That's about $30 for eggs. :spend:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

View attachment 245353
    I’m the only one in my house that likes it too. Nobody but me will even drink a glass of milk.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    That's about $30 for eggs. :spend:
    Doing a half batch costs me $12 for the eggs. But that isn't store bought. That's farm fresh where the eggs are no more than a couple days old. I pay $3 per dozen

Makes a huge difference in flavor and color wise. Haven't eaten store bought eggs in a couple decades.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Mine is 12 yolks, 12 whites, a pound of powdered sugar, half a gallon of whipping cream whipped. And two cups of a brandy, bourbon, and rum blended, with a another two cups to add for those that want a stronger flavor. Mmmmmm

Top Bottom