• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Hard to judge by the abstract only since the full article is not free, but I am sceptical. First off, 60 people is not a sufficient test pool. Secondly, if they were all from the West coast, it might be more of a geographical attitude than behavior caused by food.

Anyway, I grew up eating mostly locally grown food with no complicated chemicals or additives. Now, I try to buy "organic" (although I don't like the word in this context) because I don't want to put junk in my children's bodies or mine. I'm generally a likeable person and I like kicking hippies just as much as any normal person. :D

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I doubt that the jerk ratio among people who eat organic food is any greater than the jerk ratio in the general population. Don't make yourself a jerk by spreading hate just because you can't understand why someone would choose to eat organic food. To each their own.

I've never had a guy eating a cheeseburger from mcdonalds give me crap for my choice in what I want to eat.

:twocents:

As far as the earth first crowd......... yes, they are typically a bunch of holier than thou fanatics that won't hesitate to tell you how evil you are.

Classification: JerkusAmericanas \/

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oSzLS0j9fY[/ame]

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    People who like to feel superior and tell other people what to do will be attracted to choices that allow them to feel superior and tell other people what to do.

Organic foods, Hybrid cars, alternative energy, etc.

Since none of these things make much financial sense, too much money typically walks hand in hand with these choices, further removing the person from reality.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Since none of these things make much financial sense, too much money typically walks hand in hand with these choices, further removing the person from reality.

The argument can be made that eating well keeps you healthier; therefore, it reduces medical costs. Also a healthy person is more productive.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've never had a guy eating a cheeseburger from mcdonalds give me crap for my choice in what I want to eat.

:twocents:

As far as the earth first crowd......... yes, they are typically a bunch of holier than thou fanatics that won't hesitate to tell you how evil you are.

Classification: JerkusAmericanas \/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oSzLS0j9fY

Another new word/phrase...

Top Bottom