• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My Grandfather lived to be 97 years old, and was the most easy going guy you'd ever want to meet. He ate bacon and eggs for breakfast every day, and whatever he had for lunch and dinner was usually fried, in lard no less. He drank coffee, with real sugar in it. My grandparents had a farm, so most of the stuff they ate for most of their lives was the real deal, with no added crap.

Is there a connection between organic food and people being jerks? :dunno: I would lean more towards the fact that people who fret over that kind of thing in todays world are probably heavily influenced by the media telling them what is good for them, what is good for the earth, you should do this, you shouldn't do this......I think in our hand wringing society, if you let it, the stress of all the bull**** we're bombarded with will make you an ass hole real quick.

I don't worry about stuff, never have. I eat what I want to eat, I like my tobacco, I like my beer, I LOVE my bacon and eggs, life is too short, even if you make it to 97, to worry about stuff.

I have, however, been accused of being a jerk numerous times in my life.:D

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    I doubt that the jerk ratio among people who eat organic food is any greater than the jerk ratio in the general population. Don't make yourself a jerk by spreading hate just because you can't understand why someone would choose to eat organic food. To each their own.

jazzy1993

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Lake County
    Yes, while they some may be jerks, the hidden stuff we find out about our food each month is troubling. Meat glue? Pink slime?, big ag is finding ways to cut costs at the expense of the consumers.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Well i camt afford to eat all organic and glutien free or less gluten. But i did. For a few months (4) months ax the soda, processed food, fastfood, and cooked everything at home amd as fresh as possible still eating greesy things like hamburger.
    Bug organic chicken buffalo and hamburger. And whole grain foods. Coffe black.. i found i had alot more energy, required less sleep, had a higher sex drive and lasted longer, lost quite a bit of weight with out adding exercise. And wasa over allthe happier.clearer thought process, and less frustrated. And still managed to eat more food! I guess maybe i was being more of a jerk because i dumped the person i was seeing and decided to be single. Finding out from her friend she was purposely trying to have my baby was not cool as i didnt want any at that time. Confronted her about it and it was true.... needless no baby!

Anyway.... i strongly suggest go all organic for 6 months if you can afford it.. i cant :(they but you eill feel alot better i swear!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Correlation =/= causation. Does organic food make you a jerk, or are the people that gravitate to that sort of thing already more likely to be jerks? Same thing with the Priuses. Someone that's willing to pay that much extra, and ignore the environmental devastation they cause, may just have and be willing to express an opinion on your choices.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I doubt that the jerk ratio among people who eat organic food is any greater than the jerk ratio in the general population. Don't make yourself a jerk by spreading hate just because you can't understand why someone would choose to eat organic food. To each their own.

Hatin be makin me feel good.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    Correlation =/= causation. Does organic food make you a jerk, or are the people that gravitate to that sort of thing already more likely to be jerks? Same thing with the Priuses. Someone that's willing to pay that much extra, and ignore the environmental devastation they cause, may just have and be willing to express an opinion on your choices.
    i would agree, that type of food probably isnt making them a jerk much like a prius doesnt make you a jerk, just that the type of person to buy into that already was a jerk.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Well same could be said for tbose who buy suvs caddilacs bmws mercedes and hevean forbid you get any in a desil.. define jerk because it all depends on what the definition of jerk is..

Actually, no, it can't. Unless you have a study that shows a statistical correlation of jerk-itis to any one of those things.

Top Bottom