East side Indy ammo report (Walmartx2, Dicks, Meijer)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    East side Indy ammo report (Walmartx2, Dicks, Meijer) UPDATE: Greenfield Walmart also

I went to see Star Trek and decided to hit up some places to see if they had any ammo in stock, specifically 9mm. I first went to the Walmart up on Pendleton Pike. They were out of 9mm, but seemed to have other calibers in stock. The guy said that I should have been there Thursday, as they had a bunch in, but eventually sold out. Then I hit up Dick's Sporting Goods at Washington Square Mall. They guy says he has five boxes left. He then says that he actually has a lot more than that, but all but five boxes are being held for customers on a list. He said he called a few people on the list and if you don't answer, you get passed up, so the boxes become available to anyone. At first I only wanted to buy two boxes, then I decided to buy up all five. The price was supposed to be $15/box, Remington UMC. I get to the checkout and it rings up $12.98/box, so of course I am pretty happy. I just checked the circular and it says it is supposed to be $12.98/box. Then I go and see the movie and hit up Walmart on E. Washington Street. They have the least amount of ammo as anyone, only some .44mag in stock for pistol that I recall. They might have had one other caliber, but for sure zero 9mm. I then went to Meijer in Cumberland, they had a nice stack of 9mm, I want to say 10 boxes or so. However, they are pricing it much higher than others. I want to say $17 or $18/box. I want to say it was the same thing I got at Dick's, Remington UMC.

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I picked up some federal bulk at wally's on the east side last week... they had a decent stock in... and while i was there i talked a member into joining INGO

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Went out to the Greenfield Walmart, they have _nothing_ in terms of the common calibers. The only thing I recall seeing was shotgun shells and maybe some odd caliber rifle rounds. Shelf was bare of pistol ammo.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    walmart at 96th and I69 lately has had a TON of .40 S&W. yesterday i picked up a few boxes of 9mm. they limit you to 6 items/day but 3 of any 1 caliber. I am hoping that shortage is starting to come to an end...

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    WM 96th and-69 DID have a bunch from 8AM to Noon the clerk said, but a steady stream of shoppers, had it all gone by the time I checked in around 4pm...............SOLD OUT................(my luck):ar15:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    went to several places here in the SW part of the state yesterday{gander,2 walmarts,dicks,rural king and a gun shop} was able to find 2 boxes of 223,1 box of 308 and a half dozen boxes of 22lr and no pistol ammo that I wanted {9mm and 45}. about the only thing I seen that anyone had alot of was the higher cal stuff like 7mm and 270 also 22wmr and 17hmr is easy to find down here..oh well,got enough of everything I need for awhile I reckon.

Top Bottom