• ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    What a mess they’ve made of themselves…

They can’t interrupt shoplifters but don’t dare enter a store without a mask.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    When you consider how government policy over many years has chased manufacturing out of this country and set it up so all the stuff we don't make any more enters this country through a state run by loons, it seems absurd.
    It doesn't have to. We have a perfectly navigable body of water that reaches any number of red states called the Mississippi River. We'll just start sailing freighters into the Gulf of Mexico, unload them in Texas, Louisiana, or Florida, or sail them upstream to closer to their destination. Or better yet, start making those goods domestically again and thus stop buying so much cheap foreign junk that must be imported.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It doesn't have to. We have a perfectly navigable body of water that reaches any number of red states called the Mississippi River. We'll just start sailing freighters into the Gulf of Mexico, unload them in Texas, Louisiana, or Florida, or sail them upstream to closer to their destination. Or better yet, start making those goods domestically again and thus stop buying so much cheap foreign junk that must be imported.
    That might work if the EU was supplying those needs, but they don't make much of those things anymore either. By using China as a supplier, to use those Gulf ports they would need to either sail around Africa and across the Atlantic or cross the Pacific as they do now, then sail south to and through the Panama Canal and then back north again at shipping costs likely 2 to 4 times higher

I don't really see the Chinese doing that nor any way that we could force them to, and the shipping companies will take those containers to the ports specified by the ones paying their bills

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    I don't really see the Chinese doing that nor any way that we could force them to, and the shipping companies will take those containers to the ports specified by the ones paying their bills
    All the more reason. Create American jobs, keep US dollars in America, reduce our dependence on communist regimes as well as China (lol), reduce pollution by shipping stuff from the other side of the world... I'm not seeing the downside.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    All the more reason. Create American jobs, keep US dollars in America, reduce our dependence on communist regimes as well as China (lol), reduce pollution by shipping stuff from the other side of the world... I'm not seeing the downside.
    I'm not seeing why you were advocating using ports in the gulf if you were only advocating to make stuff here. Not much need for ocean going shipping

As far as the idea, I'm all for it as well as being for making stuff that lasts decades rather than just a few years. I have a Kenmore refrigerator that has been humming away for more than 20 years without a hiccup. I don't really give a **** whether something is energy star rated and will save me 5 or 10% on power consumption if it breaks down all the time

When my basic washing machine finally broke for good after 22 years, I replaced it with a SpeedQueen basic washing machine that will probably outlive me

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    I'm not seeing why you were advocating using ports in the gulf if you were only advocating to make stuff here. Not much need for ocean going shipping
    Ideally I would love to see a whole lot more produced domestically but I know that won't happen overnight or whether or not it is even possible realistically to become completely independent of import goods. However, my point is that we don't need to be extorted by the existing ports when there is existing infrastructure that allows us to bypass blue States entirely. It might add a little bit of cost to the imported goods but again that just reinforces my point that it forces us to reevaluate our dependence on imports.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Razor-wire around shopping center... SMH

How utopian.

Let them live with the consequences of their decisions. At some point people will either wise up and pull their heads out of their asses or die. I'm in favor of kicking the west coast states out of the union and requiring extensive background checks on anyone wanting to relocate here. Tons of people from CA have moved to the Austin, TX area and are lining up to do the exact same stupid liberal **** they did back home.

I'll get "UNVACCINATED" tattooed across my forehead if the liberals will get "MORON" tattooed on theirs. At least then we could tell from a distance who is a threat and who isn't. You can't turn fairy tales into reality by voting for other morons who believe it can be done.

Top Bottom