• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    the people on the receiving end of the double standard. always some willing to let their buddy sneak them in the back door of the movie theatre for free. Thats what i mean.

Some people know thats dishonest and will refuse to do it.

how about free meals and drinks for cops, firefighters, or emts, soldiers, etc. its not right.
    free meals, drinks etc. are generally given to increase police presence in high crime areas, I have no problem with that, as far as soldiers go it is up to the business owner, for me veterans get a good discount, but no one, I mean no one is above the law, especially those who are sworn to uphold it and those whom have enforced it, if this man is innocent let him come forward and proclaim such, I for one am listening?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...how about free meals and drinks for cops, firefighters, or emts, soldiers, etc. its not right.

I believe you are mistaken there sir.

That, long time, practice has triple duty. It serves to honor those who give and have given to support our American life. Secondly, it promotes more business, as the above mentioned groups have family and friends. Last, and most important, it puts those with security and medical conscious minds in your business.

Businesses that give discounts do so voluntarily.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    the people on the receiving end of the double standard. always some willing to let their buddy sneak them in the back door of the movie theatre for free. Thats what i mean.

Some people know thats dishonest and will refuse to do it.

how about free meals and drinks for cops, firefighters, or emts, soldiers, etc. its not right.

You might be surprised to know that in my 12 years I have NEVER took a free drink or meal...NEVER! Some places offer that. If a guy takes it I don't care. But I will never take advantage of such. Speedway Gas Station for example does not charge public servants for drinks ect. I always drop the money on the counter and tell them to buy themselves a drink. I am not for sale.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    IMPD employees ~1600 men and women. We'll say 1300* aren't brass...but patrolman pay grade, if you will. The only thing that concerns me is that possibly...one man may have given the other 1299 hard working, honest men and women of IMPD a black eye...not to mention the hurt inflicted on innocent families.

1 bad drunk out of 1300 is 0.0008%, which is about as reliable as anything gets in life. If that's all we have here, then yes obviously it is a tragedy for the victims and their families but not likely to be an ongoing or expanding problem.

What concerns me is that the department appears to be either (a) incapable or (b) unwilling to deal with the 1 in 1300 appropriately. If that's the case, we have a major problem on our hands.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I believe you are mistaken there sir.

That, long time, practice has triple duty. It serves to honor those who give and have given to support our American life. Secondly, it promotes more business, as the above mentioned groups have family and friends. Last, and most important, it puts those with security and medical conscious minds in your business.

Businesses that give discounts do so voluntarily.

no im not mistaken. when you start to expect something then it no longer is just a occational thank you. Theres Plenty of public servants that dont take any handouts, and theres a reason and I respect them more for it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    no im not mistaken. when you start to expect something then it no longer is just a occational thank you. Theres Plenty of public servants that dont take any handouts, and theres a reason and I respect them more for it.

You are mistaken again.

What you are looking at as a handout, the businessman treats as an investment. Advertising and security are extremely expensive. Offering a discount to promote the presence of cops and medics is cheap.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

I give discounts to all INGO members. guess I need to stop that.
    I give discounts to our Military men and women. guess I need to stop that too.
    Most assuredly need to stop the discounts for our Law Enforcement officers. :rolleyes:

Can't have anyone expecting it. :rolleyes:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Offering a discount to promote the presence of cops and medics is cheap.

It's also a sham to defraud the rest of the public from 'their share' of his public services.

I'm not saying it should be prevented, but various schemes of encouraging LEOs to hang out in a certain place are illegitimate, and costly to all of our society. It isn't just limited to drinks, either. I know of a private university that gives a full ride to any admitted offspring of a police officer in the area, just to encourage them to patrol more...

I'm not saying the business owners don't have the right to give their product away for free, but if it comes with the expectation that they'll get more 'police protection' than others, I have a serious problem with that.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I didn't think that it would be a derailment that would get this thread closed, but I may be mistaken. Please turn this back to the direction that it was started or I'll be forced to close it. This thread is about the Officer Bisard incident. Period.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Why is this incident not on the national news? I realize this is Indiana and not New York or California but this is the type of story that should get people across the country motivated. It is about time to go after corruption and bad management in all forms of government so why not start in a tax payer funded group like the department?

bjosephback

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Indy
    So they demoted 3 high ranking officers to make people feel better about the situation. IMPD and Indianapolis want to make us all feel better? Bring charges against one/all of them!!! They are criminals!!!

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    So they demoted 3 high ranking officers to make people feel better about the situation. IMPD and Indianapolis want to make us all feel better? Bring charges against one/all of them!!! They are criminals!!!

What exact crime did the three commit?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    What exact crime did the three commit?

See No Evil, Speak No Evil, Hear No Evil :D

wildlife-monkeys-hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil.jpg

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Why is this incident not on the national news? I realize this is Indiana and not New York or California but this is the type of story that should get people across the country motivated. It is about time to go after corruption and bad management in all forms of government so why not start in a tax payer funded group like the department?

It's not on national news because its not an uncommon incident sadly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom