• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PewDewd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2021
    Hobart
    Just learned students in our district must consent to drug testing if they wish to attend homecoming dance. WTH?

How is this not a 4th amendment issue for a public school to do this?
    Because the 4th clearly states unreasonable. I find it completely reasonable to not allow kids that are high to attend a dance... are you worried you're kids won't pass?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Because the 4th clearly states unreasonable. I find it completely reasonable to not allow kids that are high to attend a dance... are you worried you're kids won't pass?

1) a positive screen has nothing to do with actively being under the influence. That is elementary level logic.

2) no, not worried about my kids failing

3) worse than being high at a dance is brining guns, bioterror weapons, and Molotov cocktails to a dance. How can you sit by and not demand we ensure kids are not fully searched? Don't you want a safe environment for them?

4) how can intoxicated people ensure the safety of children? We must screen and search all adults at the dance. That's not unreasonable, is it?

5) how do you do it? Gonna watch a kid pee? We need to do a deep background check on you first, a lot of sickos out there. If not supervised urine sample, are you going to test for temperature and adulterants? I mean, how easy is it to dump some **** in a cup?

That starts to get ... Unreasonably expensive. Or do you not care how accurate or effective it is, and long as we do SOMETHING :runaway:

Last edited:

caspiker85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2022
    Greencastle
    Com
    I'll take the other side of this...

Recreational drug use among our entire population is a HUGE problem. Add in fentanyl and it's more than just a problem.

I'm only guessing the school officials would love to stay out of this, however there is no choice these days.

Comparing fentanyl to “recreational drug use “ is like comparing Donald trump to hitler. Those are completely different things whether your for or against marijuna or
    Alcohol, fentanyl is not a recreational drug it is poison from the devil himself. Every parent has a right to wanting their kids
    Sober or understanding experimentation the real question is here. Does the school have the right ?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Every parent has a right to wanting their kids sober or understanding experimentation the real question is here. Does the school have the right ?

Who at the school has made this decision to drug test? Do you know?

Was this drug testing decision made arbitrarily by an "overbearing" administrator? Or was it the school board? Maybe the school corporation's lawyers? Local law enforcement have any input, with the real pulse on the drug environment in the area?

Or was it from parental pressure? Pressure because parents understand that experimentation does happen, as it always has. Fentanyl IS the difference, being the random death sentence in the youth's experimentation.

A joint or a pill was never a random death sentence, as it is today. No one has control over this, much less a young person who just wants a buzz, cause that's what adults and the other kids do.

Last edited:

areamike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    Monticello, IN
    Nice little jab at the end there. Was it necessary?

Drug tests are an invasion of privacy. I can do Cocaine all weekend long and pass a drug test one-two days later. If I smoke weed, then that crap isn't out of my system for up to 30 days or longer. Or, I could be drunk on vodka all darn weekend and then take a drug test on Monday and pass. Does that mean I won't be drunk or on cocaine at the dance? Nope, but I passed that stupid drug test.

As for this "rule", that's all it is. And it is not a LAW and cannot be enforced by law.

Random drug testing kids over a dance and the results determine whether they can attend or not is all about control. Nothing more. None of these Teachers or Faculty etc. are trying to protect our kids by drug testing them. THAT is the Parent's job. Any parent who is fine with their School drug testing their kids is, simply put, passing off Parenting to the School. i.e. crappy Parenting.

You want to protect my kids while they are attending Public school? Place armed guards and Teachers there. I'm more concerned with that than some random kid being high on weed at a silly dance, acting all silly.

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    Maybe my wife is correct in that I’m truly dense, but I’m not seeing what fentanyl has to do with drug testing. According to news outlets and some here, if I come in contact with the stuff I’ll likely drop dead. Even dogs can’t be trained to sniff for it or it could kill them. We regularly see proclamations of busts with enough seized to “kill everyone” in the country.

My point being, if the kid has taken or been exposed to fentanyl, a drug test for that drug is too late, assuming it’s detectable. Better to arrange for them to bring their drugs to be tested before taking any.

I’m exaggerating of course, but you have to admit there is a lot of info being peddled that doesn’t make sense.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Nice little jab at the end there. Was it necessary?

Drug tests are an invasion of privacy. I can do Cocaine all weekend long and pass a drug test one-two days later. If I smoke weed, then that crap isn't out of my system for up to 30 days or longer. Or, I could be drunk on vodka all darn weekend and then take a drug test on Monday and pass. Does that mean I won't be drunk or on cocaine at the dance? Nope, but I passed that stupid drug test.

As for this "rule", that's all it is. And it is not a LAW and cannot be enforced by law.

Random drug testing kids over a dance and the results determine whether they can attend or not is all about control. Nothing more. None of these Teachers or Faculty etc. are trying to protect our kids by drug testing them. THAT is the Parent's job. Any parent who is fine with their School drug testing their kids is, simply put, passing off Parenting to the School. i.e. crappy Parenting.

You want to protect my kids while they are attending Public school? Place armed guards and Teachers there. I'm more concerned with that than some random kid being high on weed at a silly dance, acting all silly.
    When I owned my businesses I never pee tested anyone, I did hair.

Lpherr

Occupied
    It seems the biggest concern is Fentanyl.
    It's cut and laced into drugs across the board, but with the amount of this substance, not only in the U.S., but around the world,
    it isn't going to be long before it begins to show up in our food supply.
    It can easily be introduced to processed foods and water supplies, by individuals, or the people voted in to protect us.
    If anyone believes the Covid vax is killing people in large numbers, how many would die from a deliberate contamination of Fentanyl?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It seems the biggest concern is Fentanyl.
    It's cut and laced into drugs across the board, but with the amount of this substance, not only in the U.S., but around the world,
    it isn't going to be long before it begins to show up in our food supply.
    It can easily be introduced to processed foods and water supplies, by individuals, or the people voted in to protect us.
    If anyone believes the Covid vax is killing people in large numbers, how many would die from a deliberate contamination of Fentanyl?
    Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine! :): A lot of things "could" happen. Not gonna live my life worrying about them.

Top Bottom