• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lpherr

Occupied
    Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine! :): A lot of things "could" happen. Not gonna live my life worrying about them.
    I won't live my life worrying about anything that might happen, but there is a strong possibility of it happening.
    It's just a matter of time. Evil lurks in this world.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    1) a positive screen has nothing to do with actively being under the influence. That is elementary level logic.

2) no, not worried about my kids failing

3) worse than being high at a dance is brining guns, bioterror weapons, and Molotov cocktails to a dance. How can you sit by and not demand we ensure kids are not fully searched? Don't you want a safe environment for them?

4) how can intoxicated people ensure the safety of children? We must screen and search all adults at the dance. That's not unreasonable, is it?

5) how do you do it? Gonna watch a kid pee? We need to do a deep background check on you first, a lot of sickos out there. If not supervised urine sample, are you going to test for temperature and adulterants? I mean, how easy is it to dump some **** in a cup?

That starts to get ... Unreasonably expensive. Or do you not care how accurate or effective it is, and long as we do SOMETHING :runaway:

Kids should be kept locked in cells....you know they are safe that way.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If only folks would be more like BigRed!

View attachment 227179
    You are on a roll!
    97IRA1c.png

nprecon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    Anderson area.
    I'll take the other side of this...

Recreational drug use among our entire population is a HUGE problem. Add in fentanyl and it's more than just a problem.

I'm only guessing the school officials would love to stay out of this, however there is no choice these days.

Amen to that! It appears to me that government's general response anymore to virtually anything in the past 30 plus years has been to punish everyone for a commited crime, instead of actually just hammering the crap out of those who actually perpetrated the crime. Kinda akin to using a sledge hammer on problems where a tack hammer would be the better tool. When you carry a big hammer... every problem starts looking like a nail... I guess? There is a reason governments have restrictions to their powers.

areamike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    Monticello, IN
    It seems the biggest concern is Fentanyl.
    It's cut and laced into drugs across the board, but with the amount of this substance, not only in the U.S., but around the world,
    it isn't going to be long before it begins to show up in our food supply.
    It can easily be introduced to processed foods and water supplies, by individuals, or the people voted in to protect us.
    If anyone believes the Covid vax is killing people in large numbers, how many would die from a deliberate contamination of Fentanyl?
    A deliberate contamination of Fentanyl would be called Genocide. We saw something similar in Nazi Germany.
    Fun Fact: Convid hasn't directly killed anyone. Like the Flu, it exacerbates an already underlying condition.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Sometimes when I read through these tough threads I think, "people truly treat drugs like their do their politics". Then I realize that is why we're in the trouble we are with our government, that's Biden is president, that is why we see trannies putting on shows for our children. No one gives a rats behind about much of anything as long as it does not interfere with them. If I'm comfortable, do whatever you want.

In our efforts to maximize true freedoms, our efforts will at times have over reach, but instead of getting support and help, we get flack.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Maybe my wife is correct in that I’m truly dense, but I’m not seeing what fentanyl has to do with drug testing.

Think of a game of Russian Roulette. The first trigger pull is unlikely to kill you. By the time you're to #4, the odds are no longer in your favor. #6 is a certainty. Do you see any value in detecting the first trigger pull and getting a chance to interrupt/stop the trigger pulling, even understanding that some will be dead on the 1st trigger pull?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Should consider this bioterror and put military on border

We've tried variations of that, but it doesn't make much of an impact. The big numbers are coming across hidden in legal trade. Hidden compartments in semi trucks or train cars, mixed in with legal trade products in shipping containers, etc. The sheer bulk of trade goods we import precludes the ability to search it all, particularly goods that spoil, at the time of crossing. Dogs, MVACIS machines, etc. all help but look up the tonnage that crosses the southern border every day legally and you'll get an idea of the scope of the issue.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We've tried variations of that, but it doesn't make much of an impact. The big numbers are coming across hidden in legal trade. Hidden compartments in semi trucks or train cars, mixed in with legal trade products in shipping containers, etc. The sheer bulk of trade goods we import precludes the ability to search it all, particularly goods that spoil, at the time of crossing. Dogs, MVACIS machines, etc. all help but look up the tonnage that crosses the southern border every day legally and you'll get an idea of the scope of the issue.
    I know about the problems with importing. The cartels have taken over the Mexican agricultural industry and threat to kill the families that they don't put drugs inside the shipments. It is awful.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    We had no problem declaring war on entire countries over terrorist threats in the last 30 years. I'm sure there's a lot I don't know but why can't we do the same with the Mexican drug cartels?

My guess is too many rich people enjoy their drugs too much and if you shut down the bad stuff, the fun stuff dries up too.

Lpherr

Occupied
    I know about the problems with importing. The cartels have taken over the Mexican agricultural industry and threat to kill the families that they don't put drugs inside the shipments. It is awful.
    These are examples of what I spoke of. These products/produce have packages of Fentanyl contained among them, and a package ruptures. Now the product(s) become contaminated with unknown amounts of the Fentanyl, and no one is testing these products for traces of contamination. Now these products go to market and to processing plants for other products, and then into homes. We have to remember, a lot of fresh produce will absorb anything in contact, so rinsing these items doesn't rid them completely of contamination. Also, the water used to wash this produce, eventually gets reintroduced to the water supply. Just like when people flush their scripts.
    This is just one scenario.
    Just imagine the amount of Fentanyl, they aren't seizing.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom