• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I have a drug house a few doors down from me. Recently, they have also added prostitution into their mix of services. People go there at all hours of the day and night, I see maybe 10 or so visitors every day.

A few months ago, I was in contact with the narcotics division of IMPD. I gave them all the info I had about the property (including the fact that I believe the owner of the house is running the show) and eventually the dealers moved out. Not more than two weeks later, there was another guy selling drugs out of the same unit.

I understand working with police is my best bet but that is a slow process. Not to mention that even if IMPD continues to clear out the dealers, the owner is just going to keep replacing them.

There are many children in this neighborhood and we are 1/2 block away from an elementary school (Downtown Indy).

Anyone had a similar problem? How did you deal with it?

Any suggestions on something I can do in addition to making complaints to IMPD and Crimewatch? Should I call 911 every time I see something going on?

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I have not had that problem but I would not be going to someone else's door. I would call down to the IMPD non emergency line once a week or so until the problem is solved. There really is not much you can/should do until they come to your door.

IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    Can u give us major cross streets so I can figure out what district u live on. I will put a bug in the ear of the best and narc guys, hopefully they can find a creative solution to the problem

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I have not had that problem but I would not be going to someone else's door. I would call down to the IMPD non emergency line once a week or so until the problem is solved. There really is not much you can/should do until they come to your door.

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't go to the door. While unpacking the car from tailgating this weekend, one of the guys came out of the apartment and approached me and my buddy asking for cigarettes. He showed me his hospital wristband saying he just got home from the hospital. I said I wouldn't give him one even if I smoked and didn't appreciate them selling drugs right next door to my house. Of course, he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds like a cookout is in order. I'll drive my squad and park it right in front of their house.

I am in.

OP, we have had a few of these issues around us over the years. As hard as IMPD try's to help these butt crack dwellers are like cockroaches. Turn out the lights and they are back. We dealt with it but will not say how on the interwebs. Your entire area has to unite in this.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Dude, put up a sign offering all officers free soda/coffee/donuts/snacks... Once they all become regulars in your neighborhood, Im pretty sure those that do not enjoy the presence of a lot of law enforcement, will find their way OUT of the neighborhood.

Oh, and throw in car washes... Officers LOVE clean cars!

Top Bottom