Driving from arizona back to nwi. great locations along the way?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Well it is kind of the honeymoon for my future wife and I as we can't afford anything to elaborate so I want to try and do some special things on our drive up. As of now planning to go through new Mexico up to Colorado and about as far as I have gotten haha.
    I want to try and find either man vs food and or diners drive ins and dive locations for some of our meals.
    I was also kind of wanting to find maybe a neat location or something others have done just to kind of plan out a little. I am not sure where we will be staying as not sure where and when we will want to stop just kind of leaving it up to what we find .
    So any insight or ideas would be appreciated. Just a note unfortunately she is not that into guns so can't do sometthing in that way :( lol.
    So any thoughts would be nice:-) thanks :ingo:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You need to go spend some time at Roadfood.com and do a few searches for places along your route. All your research has already been done for you and the membership has reported back on their findings. If you're going to be in San Antonio, NM go to the Owl Bar for a real chili cheeseburger. The forums even have a specific sub-forum for folks asking about where they should eat on their travels. You can get a lot of suggestions, all tried and true. I've rarely been steered wrong on a place. And many of the folks, like me, are big triple D fans. Someone posted a review of their trip to Colorado not too long ago. Bound to be something you'll like there.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    The best I can give you is to check out the BBQ in St Louis and Memphis. And be sure to avoid the People's Republic of Illinois...
    anti_illinois_t_shirt_tshirt-p235135613898095940en80n_210.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Arthur Bryant's in Kansas City, MO.

Just got back and it's an old school barbeque joint that's worth the stop - it's just off the freeway. The burnt ends are fantastic.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    If you're in AZ and NM, stay off I-40 and as much as possible, follow Route 66. You'll find all sorts of little dives and diners, old merchant stands, etc.

Through TX, I would recommend a stop at "The Big Texan, jut off 40 in Amarillo. 72oz steak and fixins' free to whoever can eat it all within their time limit (no I have not tried to do it)

OK City has the Cowboy Museum. Always wanted to go, but never had the time.

Worlds Largest Ketchup Bottle- Collinsville, IL. ( near St Louis)

Top Bottom